Victim of Nostalgia

This is no longer a game. It just can't be.

It all feels... real. Too real, to be exact.

Chuuya doesn't feel like he's playing along anymore. It's all going back to normal when it wasn't supposed to.

Dazai comes to his house often. (not daily like before, but still often)

Verlaine is starting to question things, but doesn't push any further.

It's all becoming real.

That friendship they both left behind years ago is starting to rebuild. Is that a good thing? Maybe yes, maybe no. There is no sure answer to it; that, Chuuya knows.

It's been a week since they have started hanging out together again, and unfortunately for Verlaine, Chuuya will be going to Dazai's house this time.

"Why his house?" Verlaine shut the refrigerator door, glaring at his little brother. The moment the two boys had decided to go to Dazai's house today, Chuuya knew things weren't going to go well.

Chuuya sighed, slightly pouting his lips. "I thought you didn't like him being here?" He held his hands together, almost as if he was praying to the gods, and looked at his brother with a desperate look. It was a thing that always managed to work when he was much younger. "Please, Paul?"

"Stop doing that. You aren't a child anymore," Verlaine rolled his eyes, opening the cup of yogurt he grabbed from the fridge. "That will no longer work on me."

The redhead scowled, his eyebrows furrowed. "I don't get why you hate him so much, anyways," He stomped to the couch, plopping down, and grabbing the tv remote. His brother didn't spare him a glance and went on to eat his yogurt.

"He's Dazai Osamu. No need for further explanation, I'm sure you understand."

And he does understand, more than anyone. He's witnessed Dazai hurt others, hurt him, and of course, Dazai himself. Many say that the boy in black destroys everything he touches. Chuuya didn't want to believe that, but now, he kind of does. But he can't help but feel bad for him. His efforts on breaking this wall between them seems genuine, and he is rarely genuine.

Dazai Osamu is a liar. He lies to everyone, including himself. No one can see through him, except for Chuuya.

"I know, but.. Maybe he changed–"

"Little brother, this is the problem with you."

Verlaine slammed the cup of yogurt on the kitchen counter, the spoon falling off due to the impact, clanking on the ground. "You act like you know and understand him, when you don't—"

"But I do!" Chuuya groans, throwing the remote to the side. "I do understand him. I do know him—I don't know why you're making all this into a big deal!" His brother sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Mon Dieu, Nakahara Chuuya! Can't you at least listen to me for once?" Verlaine raised his voice, absolutely exasperated, catching Chuuya off guard. Verlaine has never raised his voice at his brother before.

With an overwhelming amount of emotions going through Chuuya's chest, he shouted back, "I've been listening to you all my life! What more do you want!?" He abruptly stood up, walked to the genkan, and put on his shoes.

"Where are you going?" Verlaine asked in a stern tone as he placed his hand on his hip. Chuuya glared at him then turned back to tie his laces, "Out."

Once he finished, he stormed out of the house, leaving Verlaine baffled.

He stomped through the sidewalk with his hands in his pocket, making his way to Dazai's house. He wasn't supposed to come this early, but he needed space from his brother right now.