Part 15

Jeno PoV

Jaehyun- so who the hell is this ? Why have you brought him here and not to a hospital ?
Me- it's a long story
Jaehyun- we are going to be here for a while you better start now

Me- okay so you remember na mingyu
He was my father's closest and most trusted guard about 10 years ago. That is jaemins father. His mother was closest friends with mine and they were inseparable.

When jaemins dad was promoted to first battalion chief of team one that's when things began to get messy.

When the revolt started there was essentially a hit list. The na family was at the top of this list as he was closest to us all. His dad to mine- my mom to his and then me and him.

We use to meet on the hill every evening and we didn't even realise anything had happened until I asked my parents why jaemin didn't come meet me. That's when my dad and mom went round and found their dead bodies but no jaemin. They found blood stains coming out the house and figured they took him with them. We thought he must have been dead.

A national search was put out looking for him but no luck. We thought he was dead. He came into home room today and something felt weirdi thought it couldn't be him. In the changing room I saw all them cuts and bruises and scars I knew something was off. Then I found out who he was looking for - I knew it was really him.
Now he's stuck in that room and I can't help but think it was my fault.

Yuta- have you told your parents ?
Me- not yet- I don't know how they'd take it
Jaehyun- maybe go call them. It might distract you for a while. This all might be over after you've finished and ten will have him settled

I walked out the doors and I picked my phone up dialling my mothers

Mom- you okay son ?
Me- yes and no. Remember the na family.
Mom- why are you thinking about them jeno?
Me- I've found jaemin. He's at the house. Having surgery.
Mom- what ?
Me- yeah I'm sure it's him. We found him today mom. He's been internally bleeding mom I don't know what to do.
Mom- me and your dad are on our way. Stay calm jeno everything will work out I'll bring the boys to help out as well okay ?
Me- thanks mom I'm going to wait outside for you all.

Half an hour passed and my cousins got out the car. They knew how every year I'd mourn over the loss of my best friend since childhood- how my mom and dad would change when their death anniversaries came round.

Chan- we are all going to go inside and help where we can
Me- thank you

My dad walked up to me and hugged me. I began crying and he just held me tighter.

Me- I couldn't believe it was actually him dad
Dad- i will protect that boy with everything I have son. I owe it to him. To all of them.
Mom- show us where he is jeno.

I showed them through and they were bringing him off the machines and stitching him up.

Me- what's happening. Why is ten taking him off everything ?
Yuta- he's stable

He was taken into the recovery room and my dad and mom was the first people in there. We all watched as my mom was crying as well as my dad.

Jaehyun- did they truly mean this much to your parents ?
Me- they did all sorts for my parents - his dad saved mine countless times. My mom's best friend. They had promised to protect me and jaemin at all costs. She's always felt as if she has failed her but now he's here alive she might finally relieve some of that guilt.

Everyone had gone back upstairs and I stayed with my parents walking up to them. I sat in the chair and my dad sat down as well. I grabbed his hand and we spoke regarding jaemin and what the plan is.

He began moving slowly and we al focused on him. His eyes opened slowly and he looked around sitting up slowly.

Nono? Is that you ?

I smiled and he looked at me. I held his hand and he touched the chain around his neck.

Me- yeah it's me nana your safe now.