I. Kinship Charm

Huening Kai's mirrored silhouette left the picture, Hikaru fleetly checked on her shoulder length hair and then ran to her dance partner. The music in the dance studio quieted down. Kai was sitting on the floor breathing heavily and watching the video of them dancing a while ago. 

"So? Is it better?" Karu asked out of breath as well and sat next to him to check on her moves too.

When Hyuka hissed, she immediately copied it even more annoyingly.

"We are still in a rush and too powerful, aren't we?"

"I guess it's really not our style... but we have to improve. We can do it- one more time," Kai replied encouragingly, as he was already standing back on his feet.

"Fine. So... let's be graceful and smooth. Can you do that, Ning?"

"Of course," he smiled confidently.

Kai was already looking gracefully enough being prepared in the first dance figure, gently holding Hikaru's wrist next to his lips. The performance they put together for this year's competition was different... this time they chose a real couple dance.

It felt magical yet passionate... The plus were their visuals. Actually, it was also kind of the key point, because Kai's appearance was really so unique itself. Both of them already looked so fairy alike, charming... and then there was their big height difference. Hikaru was so cutely tiny next to well-built Huening Kai.

None of them would admit it, but they were already so good. Practice makes a pro and they definitely did their best. Hikaru was almost flying in Huening Kai's arms, while Kai was floating around the parquet...

Well, until the one fateful hop.

Kai let go of Hikaru, bit his tongue to suppress the pain and jumped to the wall... with one of his ankle in embrace of his hand.

"Don't be kidding me, Huening! I told you - smooth and graceful, no rush and power!!" Hikaru panicked and rushed to him.

"Damn it..."

"Does it hurt?"

"Only when I step on it... I think I stepped wrong and it's sprained," he hissed, suppressing the pain. 

"No way." Hikaru pulled at her hair. The performance was in a couple of weeks and they trained so hard for months.

It just can't be for real, right? - both of them thought.

"Tsss... what do we do now?"

"I don't know! You tell me, ahhh."

 ●°.☇☁⤦•°.

Kai's room darkened, as a stronger storm raged outside the window. He was sitting in the dark corner of his bed and hugging his pillow, while his eyes looked completely lost in regret and bandages wrapped around his ankle.

His dance partner was still puffing out her cheeks and sighing heavily, not being able to sit longer than two minutes... Maybe even less than that.

"What if you just danced with someone else?" Kai's younger sister Bahiyyih was the first one who dared to break the silence. She felt as if both her brother and best friend had forgotten her presence.

"That is out of the question, Charmy," snapped Hikaru immediately. "Even if the person would be able to learn the choreo in two weeks, oppa's facial features were the key point that I cannot miss."

... but she actually lost them already. Even though she didn't want to give up on the competition, there was no way Kai could participate. It was a dead end.

The young man lay down on his side disappointed, not letting go of the pillow from his embrace. The solution still didn't appear, so the three teenagers fell silent again.

It was only interrupted by the enthusiasm of the eldest sister Lea, who ran into the room.

"OhmyGod-ohmyGod-ohmyGod. Kids, look at this! I found an incredibly old photo from Hawaii! Look at this cute little brat! Can you guess who is it?"

"It's Kai...," obviously, Bahiyyih smirked bitterly.

"It is! Ain't he so cute?? He thought he would fool everyone if he slipped into my clothes. It was a bit of a rebellion at the same time, because everyone reminded us that we were obviously siblings by our faces," Lea chuckled at the funny gold memory.

... by our faces... 

Lea's last words became a thunder of lightning that lit up the darkened room again. 

Our similar facial features. 

Bahiyyih opened wide her eyes and mouth, her shining stare sliding from Kai to Hikaru. Then back to Lea. 

"Unnie! You're a genius!"

Although Lea seemed to be confused just like the others present and obviously didn't understand Hiyyih's sudden excitement in her bright smile, she slowly reached for her younger sister's shoulder, then pat patted it with an agreement and smoothly conjured up a proud smirk.

"I know, right?" the older sister stated shrugging, before she confidently left the room. As soon as that happened, the middle child took a few fresh steps to her bestie. 

Looking at Hikaru's confused sparkling eyes, Bahiyyih flashed an even brighter smile from her higher point of view. 

I already know that look... What are you thinking, Charmy? 

"I think you forgot about someone who also has these enchanting special features, so..." 

The charming girl offered her outstretched palm to the impactful dancer, then she childishly placed her friend's hand on hers. 

"Shall we dance, Sweetie?"

─── ;༊·˚───

─── ;༊·˚───

Heyhey~ Welcome to my new story, Pixies! Actually, this one is not that new for me... this girlslove idea came to me yeaaars ago and I was working on this chap for ages, but nevermind XD Obviously and exceptionally, this book is gonna be hihiz romance✨️💜 However, my fantasy stories are my priority... so just like Beomgyu's Lovestory, also new chapters for this book will only be published, when I feel like writing it. And! if it goes well, I should write the rest with my love urLuv_rin... so we will see x33. 
Anyway, if you read this first chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know, if you already like the idea! Seeya next time~ love you~ 🥰❤️

PS: Kep1 streaming Shooting Star MV T^T <333 

PPS: Yes, this chap was also about me simping over Huening siblings