04

TIA ALANNI BUTLER

     Tia sighed as she flopped down on her bed, mentally thanking God for letting her day be over

Tia sighed as she flopped down on her bed, mentally thanking God for letting her day be over. She had a killer headache from the stress she'd been dealing with all day and she felt that a nap was definitely in order. She kicked her shoes off and quickly rid her feet of her socks before getting comfortable and closing her eyes. She let out one more relieving sigh and smiled lightly to herself as she started to quickly fall asleep.

DING!

Tia opened one eye to the sound of her iMessage ringtone, signaling a text message from someone. She decided to ignore it and closed her eye again, opting to answer the text when she woke up.

DING!

Tia huffed in annoyance and grabbed her phone, putting it on silent mode and setting it back down. Why was she so popular all of a sudden? She turned her back to her phone and tried again to go to sleep.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

"What the f—" Tia finally sat straight up and angrily grabbed her phone to unlock it. The one time she wanted peace, she was more famous than Beyoncé. She opened the message app to see three texts from Jake, asking her to open the front door and talk. She scoffed at the screen and tossed her phone beside her and prepared to lay back down until...

"Tia! Come downstairs!" Her mother's voice echoed from downstairs.

The girl almost screamed in frustration, but instead opted to grumble quietly under her breath and flail her arms and legs around, throwing a mini tempter tantrum since she being denied her well-deserved rest. She then stood up and aimlessly walked downstairs to the living room. There stood her mother, hand still on the doorknob with the front door ajar and Jake standing in the doorway with a not so small bag of weed in one hand and a another bag full of watermelon and grape jolly ranchers in the other; tia's favorite candy. When she and Jake were a thing, she made it very clear what flavor jolly ranchers were her favorite. Any time she became upset, the boy would go to the local corner store and buy about three bags of jolly ranchers and separate the watermelon and grape ones from the rest and wrap them up for her just so she would stop being mad at him. It was always her favorite thing about him; he'd go the extra mile for her no matter what.

"Hey," Jake said softly, licking his lips, "can we talk?"

The young girl eyed the dreadheaded boy closely. As of now, she was still very upset with Jake. After all they had been through and with the connection they had, she never thought he'd ever say something so low, especially about her brother. She wanted to walk over and slam the door in his face, but she also knew Jake wouldn't stop until they talked. So she nodded a bit and walked upstairs and the boy followed behind her.

"Keep that door open!" Tia's mother yelled from downstairs. Tia rolled her eyes and walked into her room with Jake on her heels. She pulled her rolling tray out of the top drawer of her nightstand and handed it to Jake so he could start rolling. She watched as he work carefully to perfectly roll the russian cream flavored backwood. When he was done, he sparked it and took a couple of hits before handing it to Tia. She took it and slowly inhaled the smoke, making sire she was high enough to even be able to talk to Jake. There was a long silence before either of them said anything.

"Look, Tia," the taller boy started, "you know Ian mean what I said about yo brother. You know I really do care about 'chu, fa' real. If sum had happened to you and I wasn't there ta' protect you, I woulda never forgave myself. That nigga Bakari ain't nun but trouble. I'm sorry, T, okay? Ion like when you upset wit' me."

Tia took one more slow, long hit of the wood before passing it back to Jake. She took the bag of jolly ranchers out of his lap and sat it on the bed. She turned her body so that she was facing Jake, who was already looking back at her with low red eyes. She cleared her throat, trying to ignore the butterflies that were swarming in her stomach. Jake always looked good when he smoked. Especially when stared at her.

"It's okay," she mumbled, keeping her cool. "But he helped me, Jake. That nigga coulda killed me if he wanted to. He was there. And he saved me. I could be dead."

"But you not."

"Yeah, thanks to him."

"What, so you like the nigga?" he asked, frowning as he put the blunt out.

"I never said that, that's what you sayin'," she shot back.

"So you do."

"No. But if I did, that ain't yo business."

"You is my business, Tia."

The two stared deeply into each other's eyes, neither of them daring to look away or even blink. The sexual tension in the room was heightened and all of a sudden the air felt thick and hot despite the door being open. The weed was taking its toll on the pair but they were too infatuated with each other to care.

"I think you still got feelins' fa' me," the girl said lowly.

"And if I do?" he questioned. The room went silent once again. They began to move closer each other; it was like a magnet was pulling them together.

"You still mad at me?" he asked lowly, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth. The younger of the two shook her head slowly.

Before she could process how wrong it was, Jake pressed his lips against hers and she was kissing him back. The kiss quickly became heated and more intense when Jake pulled Tia into his lap. His hands roamed every part of her body as she took his bottom lip into her mouth and gently sucked on it. The boy groaned lowly and moved both of his hands down to grip her butt. Tia could feel him getting hard underneath her and it turned her on more. Jake broke the kiss to move his lips down to her neck and roughly sucked on the delicate soft skin. Tia hissed in pain, but it hurt so good. After a few seconds, the boy pulled back to examine the dark hickey he left. He smirked, satisfied with the mark. Tia tugged on the hem of his shirt, silently asking him to take it off to which he obliged then connected his lips back to Tia's. Tia gently pushed him back so that he was lying on the bed with her on top, her hands roaming his bare upper half. Jake lifted his left hand and brought it back down, harshly smacking Tia's butt and causing her to moan into his mouth.

She broke the kiss once more and sat up, removing her shirt and reconnecting their lips as quickly as they detached. He flipped the two over so that he was on top and started to kiss down her body, dragging his tongue as he did because he knew how much she loved to have her body worshipped and he loved being the one to do it. Low, soft moans escaped the girl's lips and they were music to his ears. He couldn't explain in words how sorry he was and bow much he missed her all the time she was gone, so he was going to show her. He slowly began to undo the button on her high-waisted jeans and then—

"FaceTime call from Jemma," the automated voice of Siri came from Jake's phone as it began to ring. All of a sudden, Tia's senses hit her all at once and she quickly sat up. Jake stood up as well, completely forgetting in the moment that he had a girlfriend. He wasn't sorry, though. He knew he still loved Tia; he never stopped. He stared down at his ringing phone, honestly a little annoyed that Jemma had called at the wrong time. Tia cleared her throat as she put her shirt back on and handed Jake his.

"You gon' answer that?" she asked, referring to his still ringing phone.

"No," he muttered. When it finally stopped ringing, he stuffed it into his pocket and put his shirt back on. "You can keep the rest of the weed."

Tia nodded quietly. There was so much guilt rushing over her. It should've never went as far as it did. Once Jake gathered all his things and fixed himself up, he gave Tia a hug and quickly left. She was so conflicted; if that never happened, she r sworn that she was over Jake and had moved on. Now she had never been so unsure of anything in her life.

♡ ♡ ♡

just a filler chapter. more to come.

published: thursday, may 23, 2024, 11:49pm CT
word count: 1,527
last edited: n/a