Chapter One.

(Brooke's P.O.V)

"Liz will you please hurry up" I called out to my ridiculously slow and unorganised friend.

"Oh my god Brooke will you calm down, not everyone wants to be half an hour early to every single lesson."

I simply snorted and rolled my eyes in reply. Liz has been my best friend since the age of 3. Same nursery, primary school, secondary school, college and now university and I love her to pieces, but her sloth-like behaviour drives me absolutely insane. I have to be early to pretty much everything and Liz knows it, however she still decides to take the speed of a turtle when getting ready, just to annoy me. Sometimes I honestly
do annoy myself with my need to impress everyone.

I smile to myself watching Liz dart around her tiny dorm room collecting her belongings to try and pack a bag for lessons, when she clearly has haphazardly thrown everything onto the floor from when she couldn't be bothered to unpack on the day she moved in.

Unfortunately we didn't get a room together, let alone in the same block, but after the second day my room mate, Jasmin, and Liz's roommate, Amanda, soon became friends with us and each other leading us to become a friendship group of four and to hang out everyday. Amanda's side of the room was neat and tidy in contrast to the chaotic side of the room that belonged to Liz, with her bed made and her bag gone.

"Where did Amanda go?" I call out to Liz who's crawling along the floor frantically trying to find her timetable.

"Gone out to grab coffee before her first lesson".

Giving her a small nod for a reply, Liz stands up, throwing her bag over her shoulder and headed to join me at the door before walking out of the block to stroll over to our first class.

We only took one class together out of the four classes available, which was psychology but we didn't really mind the fact that we would be separated most days because we knew we would be meeting up with every opportunity we had.

Walking through the tall buildings surrounded by trees with benches occupied by a mix of new and former uni students, it made me realise how lucky I was to even get to university. I had dreamed of it my whole life, living on my own and being responsible for myself and my own actions. To some people it would sound like their worst nightmare but since I had turned 14, it was all I ever wanted.

Seeing four boys with deadpan, straight faces walking in our direction tore me from my thoughts. I nudged Liz who simply gave a light hearted chuckle in reply to let me know that she knew what I was thinking. They all adorned band shirts or dark clothes with holes in, the tightest black skinny jeans imaginable and black boots. Their outfit style looked similar but their faces was what tore them apart from the likelihood of their clothing choice. I spotted bright red hair and tattoos on arms from one boy, with a lip piercing on another and that was from just two of the four.

I instantly knew to keep out of their way as they looked just like the people I had worked so hard to keep out of the way of for my whole life. The kind of people my dad would highly disapprove of. As they walked past I could feel their eyes staring at me and Liz, but I kept my head ducked and my feet moving at a fast pace to avoid any confrontation, unlike Liz who held her head high and proud.

My head instantly shot up when I heard Liz laugh after the passing by.

"You're such a coward Brooke, there's probably absolutely nothing wrong with them, don't judge by tattoos and piercings" Liz told me with a slight hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"You should take your friends advice" A deep, gruff voice laced with annoyance along with a strong Australian accent filled my ears from behind me. Gasping and turning around to find out who the mysterious voice belonged to, I saw the boy with the bright red hair and arm tattoos staring down at me, accompanied by the other three boys.

"You have a nice day now".