Chapter Three: Drawn To You

The two left Ms. Hazel's house just when the sun began to set. They were driving back and was heading back to town. "I hope she didn't talk your ear off," Oliver remarked as he shook his head. Jasmin smiled. "I love listening to people talk so it's fine," Jasmin replied. "Well. do you need to swing by your job to pick anything up?" Oliver asked. Jasmin shook her head. "My friend Dean dropped it off by my house already, I had texted him earlier," Jasmin replied. "So how are your parents doing?" Oliver asked. "They are doing well, how is your dad doing?" Jasmin asked. "He's doing good. Still driving trucks," Jasper said. Jasmin smiled and nodded. "What do you do in the evenings in this small town?" Oliver asked. "What we used to do when we were kids," Jasmin replied.  "So late night walks in the park?"  Oliver asked. Jasmin nodded. "And sometimes I stay home," Jasmin said. Oliver nodded. "I figured." He replied. "What are you doing after this?" Jasmin asked. "I was going to just drop you off home, and head back home," Oliver said. "Why don't you hang out a bit at my house before you go," Jasmin said. Oliver smiled. 'We can do that," Oliver said. "I'm not doing anything anyways," He added. She then put her address in, and they made their way to her house. 

Jasmin hopped out of the passenger's side and walked up the steps that led up to her front door.  She put her keys into the lock and twisted it around. She then walked in and hung her keys up on the wall. "Welcome to my cozy home," Jasmin said. Oliver took his shoes off at the door and closed the door behind him. "Have you eaten anything else besides Hazel's pie?" Jasmin asked as she walked upstairs. "Nope," He replied as he stood up. He started looking at pictures on the walls. "There's leftovers in the fridge," She added. He stared at one picture for a little bit. Jasmin was in a red dress surrounded by a group of people. It looked like it was the grand opening for the cafe she worked at. Jasmin came downstairs in pink fuzzy pajama pants and a black tank top.

He turned around and smiled. "Looks like you've been having fun at the cafe you work at," Oliver said. Jasmin nodded. "I've made so many good friends," she said. "That's good," he said. She took a seat on the couch and grabbed the remote.  He took a seat beside her. "Have you ever watched Cupid?" She asked. "You watch it?" He asked. "Uhm, yes? Who do you mistake me for?" Jasmin asked. Oliver laughed. "I watch it after work every Wednesday," he said. "Thats so cool!  What episode are you on?" She asked. "Fifty-Three," He replied. "Oh, my goodness! Me too!" Jasmin exclaimed.  She then turned on the tv and the episode began. 

Two hours had passed, and they had   almost watched another full season. They had to turn the tv off so they wouldn't run out of episodes to watch later. "So, what do we do now?" Jasmin asked as she turned to him. He shrugged. "I was hoping you had an idea," Oliver said. "We've already watched the show and ate way too many bowls of popcorn," Jasmin remarked. "OH my gosh, do you have work in the morning?" He asked. "Nope. I'm off," She replied.  "Oh! I have an idea!" Jasmin said. "What?" Oliver asked. 

[Music Que]

Just then Jasmin jumped up from her spot and ran to the radio. She turned it on. "Karaoke," she said as a familiar song came on. She started singing and dancing around the living room. He started laughing and shaking his head. "It's been years and you're still a clown," he said. She smiled and kept singing. "Well, don't be a loser. Join me," she said. He rolled his eyes and stood up. The two began dancing all around the living room. "Billie Jean is not my lover-" Jasmin sung   as she jumped on the chair and jumped up and down. Then she slipped and fell. She started dying of laughter as she rolled onto her side. As he laughed with her, he glanced over at her.  His face grew warm and that's when his eyes widened with realization.