SpringFest

A couple months have passed after the events of Order's attempt to grayscale the world. Sonic and his friends have returned to Earth one last time for another Splatfest. Sonic Underground was up performing along with Off the Hook in Inkopolis Square.

"Looks like Sonic and the others are at with their music again." Blaze said.

"Well, he and his siblings did start the resistance that began our war on freedom against Eggman." Amy reminded.

"It is part of who he is." Tails said.

"Why don't we go and do some Turf War?" Eight suggested.

"Um... Okay." Blaze shrugged.

"I heard the Octostrikers are here too. Maybe we could do a Tricolor battle with them, as well Rouge and Omega." Knuckles said.

Blaze and Eight went off to do some Turf War with Rouge, Omega, and the Octostrikers. Tails, Amy, and Knuckles stayed behind for a little longer, watching Sonic and the others performing with Pearl and Marina.

(\/ Tricolor Turf War Battle! \/)

*Starting Timestamp: 4:23*
*Attacking Teams: Blaze and Eight, Rouge and Omega, or Tails and Knuckles, Amy and Agent 4*
*Defending Team: Revenant, Gizmo, Rogue, and Jinx*

'With this being the last Splatfest part in my stories for now, you can watch through as many battles in this video as you want. I don't really mind.'

(After the Turf War battles...)

Everyone left the lobby, to check back to how the party in the square is going. Agent 4 and Eight stayed behind to continue battling.

"Boy, those matches were insane!" Blaze said, in exhaustion.

"Well, those were Tricolor battles after all." Rogue said. "Three teams on one battlefield."

"Two teams of two on offense, and one of four to defend." Revenant said.

While making their way back, Off the Hook's performance came to an end. Everyone cheered for them and Sonic Underground.

"Thank you, everyone. We see you all out there!" Sonic said.

"But unfortunately this is going to be our last performance on Earth." Silver said, which made everyone shocked.

"If you don't know already. Mephiles the Dark has returned. And Sonic Underground has to go back to their home universe." Pearl said.

Everyone else got scared about Mephiles being back, and sad that Sonic Underground won't be back to play for a while.

"It's just until they destroy him for good." Marina said.

"We don't know how long it will be." Shadow said. "But, we hope you enjoyed our performance with Off the Hook."

Everyone cheered for them, knowing they will fight on, no matter what.

"We'll still be making new songs for you guys." Manic said.

"It'll just be a while until we can perform live again." Sonia said.

"Thank you, Inkopolis! Good night!" Sonic called out, as he and the others left the stage.

Off the Hook remained on stage, continuing their amazing performances as usual. Sonic Underground reunited with their friends and the Octostrikers.

"Sorry we didn't join you guys in Turf War." Sonic apologized.

"It's okay, Sonic. You did have a fun time jamming out." Amy kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Ames." Sonic blushed.

"Either way, That was awesome jamming, guys." Jinx smiled.

"Thanks. We've been playing for years." Sonia responded.

"Some of us haven't played for that long. But somehow that talent was passed on to Silver and I." Shadow said.

"How was that even possible?" Gizmo asked.

"Well, our father handed down his medallion to Shadow as a reward for helping us save our mom." Sonic said.

"And I was given mine in Alterna." Silver said. "Well... Sonic was who gave me my medallion, but it belonged to Aleena."

"But it still feels like something is off with this band, now that we have Shadow and Silver with us." Manic said.

"What do you mean?" Knuckles asked.

"Well... the three of us lead the Freedom Fighters for years against Robotropolis." Sonic said. "Yet nothing seemed off then."

"I think I know what it is." Shadow said.

"You do, Shadow?" Sonia asked.

"Do you guys remember when we had our Superstar forms?" Shadow explained. "Back when the Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, or even Deep Cut sang along to our music."

Everyone else came to the realization that Shadow was right. Sonic Underground's music was incomplete... without a lead singer.

"I get it now. What this band's missing... is a lead singer!" Sonic said.

"Someone to guide our music." Sonia said.

"To truly make this band whole!" Manic said.

"So, where would you guys find one?" Revenant asked.

"We don't know. But our guess would be back on Mobius." Sonic replied.

"Well, then... you guys should get home and let Aleena and Charles know about that." Jinx said.

"We're on it!" Tails said.

"Let's go!" Rouge flew off in a rush.

"Rouge, wait!" Shadow dashed off, to keep up with her.

Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Sonia, Manic, Silver, and Blaze left Inkopolis Square to go back home. Revenant, Gizmo, Rogue, and Jinx stayed behind to keep close guard on Earth.

Another Splatfest has gone by successfully for Sonic and his friends. But now, Sonic Underground will begin their search for a lead singer in their band. Who will it be?

(To be continued...)

(Publish date: 6/24/2024)

'I know this isn't as long as you would've expected from a short moment in this. But of course, my interest in Splatoon has died down a lot. I hope you all understand. So, I think the last story of the Sonic/Splatoon Crossover will be a conclusion for Side Order. Thank you all for reading my stories, and I'll see you in the next one.'