Satan & Minnie Rework

So, I've been talking to a friend and figured out I'm no longer going to write Minnie's relationship with Satan as a abusive figure. Instead of being abusive, it's going to be that.....

Satan was Minnie's trainer, who trained her up from when she was 16 by keep giving her directions, orders, and teaching her buttons to her and if he presses them, she should respond accordingly. He taught her the ropes of being a wrath bounty hunter, reined her back when she was about to make an unnecessary kill, and allowed her to go lose when there's a particular target that needs to be eradicated.

He also taught Minnie how to read, write, and actually be a thinker before a doer. His training method was to run her around the round pen for about thirty minutes per day while having her focus on an object while being pushed forward. Working both her brain and nonexistent muscles at the same time.

Why? Well, mainly because all I've seen Satan as this one note villain that's only there to scare Minnie into reverting back to her old self. He was also incredibly stupid, to a humorous manner that was never really funny. He was only meant to bring Minnie down when it wasn't needed since all her mental health needed to take a toll on it was the workload of being a bounty hunter, times when she'd have to take a life. His presence wasn't really needed to further the plot, so the rewritten Satan is a lot more levelheaded, kind, and firm. It became clearer why Satan was so moody, he's had to wrangle a mustang-like mare with a high strung attitude, but he's never taken his anger out on her since she's been taught basic manners, just needs a good foundation to be able to train her properly. He's now been rewritten as Minnie's trainer and her training is based off of a reining horse where she's able to still be driven, but focused. 

I originally thought that writing Satan as an abuser would be interesting, but I've met dead end after dead end on making him compelling enough to where his abusive presence was warranted, which did not work out since he ended up becoming the ultimate boogeyman for Minnie to where her progress would be hindered when that was achieved due to the stress of her job. Satan didn't need to be abusive and now he works better as one of Minnie's main support systems but can't help since he could only do so much for Minnie.