Chapter 2

So the three women looked at her. Apart from her eyes being dark and groggy , her shirt was wrinkled by sleep. Her watch was still on as well as earnings.

It looked like nothing happened.

"Thank you . You may leave now". Said Mrs Tang. She knew the girl had a crush on her son. So now she has to check everything in this house carefully.

"Thank you madam. "She bowed slightly. Put on her coat, carried her heels on hand.packed her laptop and put away all the papers in the bin and put them by the door and burned them on the balcony. Company secrets she said.

Then put away her cups of tea and coffee. Cleaned the table. Then she left her steps hobbling.

"What happened to your leg?".asked Chuchu.

"Well Miss Chuchu. When I brought Sir inside her I didn't see this table and that it's fixed to the floor. So I hit hard with my toe. Now my nail is clipped. "She said.

"Can I see it?". Asked Mrs He.

She took off the slippers and the opened the  front with her nail and they saw a bloody red toe. They all shivered. So much pain.

"Okay. Go get it fixed. Don't come to work for atleast a week". Ms Chuchu said.
She looked at Mrs Tang. Mrs Tang nodded.
So she nodded and left.

At this time a man groaned in pain.
"Ow my head is banging like crazy.  Mei Ling my coffee please! Mei Ling stop dawdling and bring my coffee!". In a bad temper. His eyes still closed. Sitting up slowly. He Chuchu went to make him coffee.
"Here you go!".

"What's wrong with your voice today? Being sweet doesn't suit you. Its sounds disgusting. Almost like the voice of my annoying fiance. "He laughed.

Everyone froze. He took a sip and spit out. "what the hell is this ? Am I paying you to feed me poison! Me time tell you of I die you won't get anything cause you are not on my will. Now bring my clothes. I want to shower. And get your priorities straightened up. This girl". He kept complaining.

When his eyes finally peeled open he saw his Mom, Mrs He and a sullen He Chu Chu with hands folded infront of her.
"Yo yo , the little fiance is here. Mom you and Aunt He too?".

He laughed. Then said in a serious voice ",What have you done to my PA? Did you come here looking for rape and you found none but still persecuted that old virgin? I mean she is really stingy with her virginity that one. Believe me I have asked couple of times. Village girls believe in marriage. Can you believe it Chu Chu?". He asked laughing.

Chu Chu's laughter was forced and seemed as though she would cry.

He then said to his mother ",Mom you can't do this. When a man and women sleep together and the man's family abuse the women ,you are only making the matters worse. He will continue to cheat knowing you will never blame him but put the blame on others. So if I sleep with anyone it would be me being very willing. No matter how drunk I am. But this time I didn't . So you can drop the matter okay?". he said.

They nodded though unwillingly.

Then he smelled himself and groaned. "Mei Ling get me some clothes. " He said this out of instinct.

The three women froze. Then he said as if realising something.

"Sorry. Ah Chu get me some clothes. You should know my size right. If you don't know ask the housekeeper to get me-"

The door knocked briefly and opened.
"My apologies. Miss Mei Ling sent an order of clothes and asked us to deliver them here. "

They froze again.
"That's my girl. Always a step ahead. " He laughed.
"She also asked is to bring breakfast ".

The tray had porridge, pickles and strong tea. He was even more joyful ",Bonus. She deserves a bonus".

He Chu Chu became bitter.

That day the tabloids were full of news of a girl using her family's power and her future mother in law's favour to bully her fiances personal assistant. They budged in with cameras. And on the photos they saw her sleeping on a cramped couch with lots of work assigned to her while her boss slept on a big bed. The girl was not intimidated. She greeted them and left no long after ,not wearing her heels as she was injured. Further follow up show that she ordered a suit for her boss and then went to a pharmacy to get the doctor there to patch up her foot. Then she took a subway to leave. While the CEO and his family left in an expensive Ashton Martin. It made everyone more aware of the disparity between the rich and poor.

It was evening when CEO Tang kept frowning .
"What's wrong Yin'er ?". Asked Mrs Tang.
Old Mr Tang in his eighties played chess with his son a handsome middle aged man.
"Well it's nothing. Its just that , that timid girl has no answered any of my calls or emails since morning. Did you guys scare her away?". Be frowned.
Mrs Tang frowned and said ",it's best to leave and not have a colourful imagination".
He said to his mother in a rare serious tone ",Yes she has a crush on me, which woman wouldn't ? But her professional abilities speak volumes. She has never let me worry about her that village girl. So I wonder if today has scared her so much she won't work for me anymore.  You know I am so hard to serve so it's rare to get someone who can tolerate me. " He sighed.

"It's good to know you are difficult to serve".  Said his father Tang Yinbai.

He shrugged it off.

Reaching her apartment she slept longer as her body was recovering. Her boss called and she switched off the phone. She didn't take the morning after pill , because she did that in her second life and it backfied. She was heavily bleeding, apparently allergic reaction. That also allowed everyone to know that she slept with him and that she tried to kill their Tang family child. So they gave her money and let her stay still to raise the baby then they took the baby away. After two years her son died falling from a high place when Mr Tang's new wife held her pregnant belly. She will never forgive that woman.

So she had to plan. Trying to run will alert the enemy. This time she has to get into a real relationship with someone else. And then separate on some grounds. She must make it legit the people of the Tang family are all suspicious and tricky. Even the ever smiling CEO Tang is no different.

She slept in a daze for a day. Ignoring all calls. Then in the early ams she woke up to eat. She ate nourishing food and then started answering all the emails and sms. She left out the unknown calls and emails.

Then she took her phone regardless of the time and called.
",Daddy!". Then she cried on the phone. All the hard feelings of the first life were swept away. "Ahhhhh!". She cried out loud.

"What's wrong ? Who wronged our little girl? Meimei talk to your father!". He was anxious.

"I am so aggrieved. I am so sad !". She cried for a long time.

Mr Huo sat up he was busy coaxing his daughter. His wife thought he was cheating waking up she heard her daughter's voice.
"Baby what's wrong with my baby!". She asked.
"Mommy !". She cried.

They both panicked. They had drifted away from Huo Mei Ling during her highschool years. Since then she has left home and hardly returned. Except for national holidays.

So hearing her call and cry she must be wronged.

After a while they heard her vomiting and then she slept on the bed and they were so worried.
"Sing for me?". She asked. They nodded hurriedly and started singing for her till she fell asleep.

They looked at each other. Saw it was three am.

"I will pack the clothes. ".
"I will buy tickets online and also some food. "
They stood up from the bed and rushed to do their work.

Author's note
Comment
Share
Vote
Love Mbali

25/05/2024 +2GMT