𝐗𝐈𝐈 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Tell me something that I'll forget And you might have to tell me again It's crazy what you'll do for a friend Go ahead and cry, little girl Nobody does it like you do I know how much it matters to you I know that you got daddy issues

Daddy - Issues by the neighborhood

THE NEXT TIME DAHLIA REGAINED consciousness, she felt her head throbbing

THE NEXT TIME DAHLIA REGAINED consciousness, she felt her head throbbing. A beeping went through her ears, as if her temples would give way the next moment and her head would explode. She felt her limbs laying numb and unable to move, on the ground beneath her. Her eyes opened and were immediately struck by the bright light. She saw dust swirling above her, clearly visible in the sunlight. The dry air scratched her throat as she found herself in a dusty room.

She realized that she had regained feeling over her body by a sudden pain on the side of her hip. She straightened up with an aggressive hiss and reached for the hand that was sticking a needle through her skin.

"The more you struggle, the more it hurts." She heard Luke's deep voice. He sounded strict but when she met his eyes, the only thing she saw was worry and dark circles that exposed the boy's tiredness.

"What the fuck are you doing?" she whimpered because of the pain.

"I have to stitch it. Come on, Relax." He demanded as he put the one hand that wasn't holding the needle, onto her shoulder and pushed her back down. He then sighed and continued stitching up a big wound that was gaping at her side.

Dahlia shut her eyes and bit her tongue, trying to think about something else. She then started to look around the room they were in, trying to distract herself from the pain. They were in some kind of storeroom, on the side were shelves with various sports balls and cleaning products.

"Where are we?" She asked. She then saw towards the Hermes Boy and for the first time really looked at him.
His torso was shirtless, exposing the numerous scratches and bruises scattered across his body. His chest was hunched over as he bent down towards her. He looked exhausted and tired, as if he hadn't slept for days.