Chapter 2

Olivia blinked her eyes. Where was she? This wasn't her room...

It seemed to be a bedroom of some sorts. It was nicely decorated, and look quite lovely to say the least. She heard a voice call out her name, and she turned to the source. A familiar figure stood inside the computer in front of her.

"Hi Olivia! You seem so zoned out there for a second!! What's up? Want to spend time with me again??"

They said with a happy sounding voice.

Olivia couldn't speak.

Then she woke up.

She was breathing a little heavily, her surroundings still the same as she remembered. That was a dream right? Why did it feel so real? Most importantly, why did she feel that had happened before...? Her memory went back to the dream. It wasn't her room, the room she was sleeping in right now. She didn't have a computer! She didn't even know what computers really were—she only heard them from Kinito, who liked to call himself the coding expert. Whatever that meant.

She stared out the window. The web world was eerily quiet at this time of the night. She could barely hear anything. She switched on her lamp and scanned her room. It was the usual things— photos of her and her friends on the walls, her desk and art corner....just like how it has always been.

But a nagging feeling was bothering her. Why in the world did it feel more like an actual memory than a dream? Her thoughts went to it again. Whoever talked to her...in that computer...they looked very familiar...too familiar...

"Was that Kinito...?" She thought aloud. It had to be him. He looked very familiar. What was he doing in her dream? Perhaps he knew something she didn't...but what would she even ask? That she dreamt of computers and him? That would be ridiculous, won't it?

Olivia decided to keep it a secret for now. She switched off the lamp and tucked herself under the covers again.

She thought it wouldn't be an issue.

Because it was just a dream, right? It had to be.