Chapter 3

Olivia woke up again to Kinito's yelling. She was used to this at this point. She grabbed her art bag and went outside. The dream haunted her as she walked over to their usual meeting spot.

"Morning Olivia!" Kinito waved, practically bouncing in his position.

"Morning, Kinito..." Olivia forced a smile.

"What's wrong Olivia? Did you sleep well last night?" Jade asked, concerned. She always was, that was what Olivia liked. She even considered Jade to be her sister sometimes, although she didn't really say it to her face.

"Y-yeah I did...I woke up in the middle of the night though...I had a strange dream..." Olivia said hesitantly.

She took a quick glance at Kinito, who had an expression she couldn't really express. It was...scrunched up? As if what she said wasn't supposed to be the case.

"Maybe you'll be able to catch some sleep later!" Kinito smiled. "Now...where's Sam..."

"Guys! I'm here! I'm earlier today!!" Sam ran quickly to them.

"You're still late you know?" Olivia said in an irritated tone.

"Ughhh! Stop spoiling my mood Olivia!" whined Sam. "At least it was an improvement!"

-

The day was just normal. Olivia was standing as she painted the view. Watching her friends laugh and chat was a lovely sight, and so her artwork for today was that.

As she used the brush to add finishing touches, she paused. Her brush lay loosely on her hand as a vivid image entered her mind.

"Hi friend! Oh! What are you doing?" asked Kinito, looking at whatever she was doing.

"I'm uploading my painting for my school project! I always love art!" Olivia responded, laughing.

"That's such an amazing thing! You're so talented!" gushed the axolotl, grinning at the uploaded work.

"You know...I've always wanted to pursue art but my parents hate it. My older sister does science, and they want me to do that too. But I hate science!" Olivia was slightly pleased with the microphone feature of the program, and the fact that Kinito could listen and make personalised responses, which was pretty advanced.

"Why don't you ask your parents again? I'm sure they'll understand."

"I tried...they wouldn't allow me..."

"Well friend, you can always keep trying! You're so talented, you wouldn't want that to go to waste!"

"Olivia? Olivia!!!"

Olivia snapped out of the vision, dropping the brush onto the floor. It was Jade.

"Olivia, are you okay? You seemed to space out earlier," the jellyfish frowned.

"It's okay Jade, I'm fine...I just...ugh..." Olivia couldn't explain it to her. Something held her back to explain her situation.

Kinito had a suspicious look on his face, he turned away walking to someplace else.

If Kinito appeared in Olivia's dreams...surely he knew something she didn't.