10. Message

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

Why the hell did he touch it?! Oliver knew not to touch anything our enemy had made! And this one was made of shadows! That... That weapon, a scythe? Fucking hell, this was a problem.

"You better get down here! Selene?!" I shouted again, and heard commotion in the living room when Natalie and Mike hurried to our aid.

"What's going on?" Tilly asked sleepily, but I ignored her.

I stared at my mate's hand, the finger the spot had vanished into, but there was nothing left now. A second later, we weren't alone anymore.

Selene and Helios were the first who appeared in our room while Natalie and Mike barged in through the door with their guardians already out. Everyone quickly glanced around the room, searching for an enemy, then turned their attention to us. It was Natalie who noticed I was holding Oliver's hand.

"What happened?" Natalie asked and came to sit on our bed to see it closer.

"I... I think we were pulled... somewhere..." Oliver muttered. "And I... I..."

"We got pulled into this old, dark forest. His evil version was there," I told her quickly, still mad at Oliver. "He turned into a weapon and Oliver touched it even though I told him not to!"

"I don't know why I touched it..." Oliver mumbled, and his disoriented behavior scared me.

"We saw something black on his finger before it vanished in him," I said, while Natalie took Oliver's hand in hers.

"It looked like a black Echo..." Oliver said, then shook himself a little and looked up. "I feel fine, though. I can't feel anything in me."

'I don't see anything odd, either,' Cedric told us, and even his spiritual voice sounded concerned.

"Maybe... Maybe it was just a dream?" Oliver asked carefully.

"Since when has anything been just a dream?" I asked and turned back to Natalie. "I'm telling you, it actually happened. That... thing... put something in Oliver."

"That thing is my second half," Oliver said, and yanked his hand back from us. "I feel fine."

'I've searched everywhere. I can't find anything odd,' Cedric agreed.

"Let me see..." Natalie muttered, and both she and Mike rested a hand on Oliver's shoulder.

We all stayed silent while they searched through Oliver's spirit, and maybe a minute later, they looked at each other, then pulled back.

"Nothing," Natalie said. "There is nothing odd in your spirit."

"If it really was a shadow Echo, we should see it right away," Mike added. "Maybe it was just a dream."