. prologue .

There was a girl with pure white hair getting off of the motorcycle of her male companion.

"See you later Ichi-kun!" She exclaimed while waving. He sent her off with a smile and then sped down the road. She turned around and then she saw him. A black haired young boy around her age with bloodshot eyes as if he'd been crying. He was her neighbor, well one of them. They were always heard but never seen. Until now.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Why do you care? Just mind your business!" The boy spat.

"I would but you're looking sad and pitiful close to my front door." She teased.

"And you look like an ugly alien, so just leave!" The boy stood up aggressively slightly towering over the girl by a few centimeters.

She flicked his forehead in response leaving him with stunned golden eyes. She leaned in close to him, "That wasn't very nice stranger-kun. You could at least tell me your name so I know who's insulting me."

"Kazutora." Huffed out the boy.

"It's not nice to meet you Tora-kun. I'm Ivy by the way." She stated while turning to walk away.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going? I'm not done talking to you!"

Stopping just before reaching her front door, the girl turned around and said, "Weren't you the one who told me to go away in the first place? Besides, I'm done talking to you, well until tomorrow. Be ready to go to the park by 4, okay Tora?"

Without waiting for a response, she left him with a smile and closed her door.

The boy stood there collecting his thoughts and finally concluded that he didn't like the girl. But something about that smile she gave him made his stomach feel funny. He didn't like it either.

No matter, he wasn't planning on seeing her tomorrow anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girl exited through her front door and before she could fully look around, she saw him.

"Kinda eager to hang huh Tora-kun?

He let out a scoff while rolling his eyes. "Let's just go." He commanded and turned to lead the way.

She caught up quickly, "So how was school? Anything special happened today?"

He briefly glanced over at her before looking away and saying, "Fine."

"Wellllllll I got my test scores back and I ranked first. We also had a new student in my class. He's very quiet and I tried talking to him but he's a real tough nut to cra-"

The boy stopped suddenly and swiftly turned to look at her.

"Why are you talking so much? We're not friends and we never will be."

All the girl did was smile. That same smile that made him feel funny. The same smile that made him hesitantly come to the park with her.

The same smile that nobody has ever given him until she magically came along and started bothering him.

There was only one meeting between them, but it felt like it was more than that. Why?

He was knocked out of his thoughts by a flick to his forehead.

"You silly boy!" She laughed out loud. "It sucks that you think that way. But I guess it's also too bad that you don't have a choice. We became friends the moment I talked to you Tora-kun." She cheekily stated.

"You're stuck with me."