Chapter 11

That night, Achilleus decided to sneak out. Making sure there were no guards around, he quickly made his escape from the castle. The cool night water felt different against his skin, charged with the thrill of his clandestine mission. He moved swiftly and silently, his powerful tail propelling him through the ocean's depths toward the spot where they had rescued the human girl.

As he neared the shore, Achilleus surfaced cautiously, scanning the area for any signs of life. The moonlight cast a silvery glow on the water, illuminating the shoreline with a gentle, ethereal light. He moved closer, staying partially submerged to avoid detection.

The beach was quiet, the only sound the gentle lapping of the waves against the sand. Achilleus's eyes roamed the shore, searching for any sign of the girl. For a while, there was nothing but the empty expanse of sand and rocks. He began to feel a pang of disappointment, wondering if his impulsive decision had been in vain.

Just as he was about to turn back, he saw a figure moving along the shoreline. His heart quickened as he recognized the familiar silhouette. It was her. She seemed to be searching for something, her steps slow and deliberate as she walked along the water's edge.

Achilleus watched her for a moment, torn between revealing himself and remaining hidden. He knew the risks of being seen by a human, but his curiosity and the inexplicable connection he felt toward her pushed him to take the chance.

Gathering his courage, Achilleus swam closer to the shore, until he was just a few feet away from where she stood. He made a small splash to get her attention.

Marina turned quickly, her eyes wide with surprise. She stared at the water, searching for the source of the disturbance. Achilleus slowly raised his head above the surface, his eyes meeting hers. For a moment, they simply looked at each other, the silence stretching between them.

"It's you," Marina whispered, her voice filled with a mix of awe and disbelief.

Achilleus nodded, his heart pounding in his chest. "Yes, it's me."

Marina took a hesitant step closer, her gaze never leaving his. "I... I thought I imagined you. That you were just a dream."

Achilleus shook his head. "No, I'm real. We met before, remember when you were in trouble."

"I remember," Marina said softly. "You saved me. Thank you."

Achilleus smiled, feeling a warmth spread through him at her words. "I'm glad you're safe. I couldn't stop thinking about you."

Marina looked down, her cheeks flushing slightly. "I couldn't stop thinking about you either. I thought I was crazy,I didn't know if I'd ever see you again."

"I had to see you," Achilleus confessed. "I had to know more about you."

Marina's eyes softened as she looked at him. "My name is Marina. What's yours?"

"Achilleus," he replied. "I'm... different from you, as you can see."

"I can see that," Marina said, a small smile playing on her lips. "But I don't care. You saved my life, Achilleus. That means more to me than anything."

Achilleus felt a surge of relief and happiness at her words. "There's so much I want to ask you, so much I want to know."

"Me too," Marina agreed. "I want to understand your world, and why you risked so much to save me I thought you guys were just fairytales."

As they stood there, the barrier between their two worlds seemed to fade away.