Chapter 1 - the boys

All was calm in the Rosewood household , the mother, Grace, aged beautifully to her age of 50 was laying out dishes, humming an old tune. The father, Tom, signs of age showing in his face, tapping away at his computer, engrossed in his work and finally the boys: Marcus and Harry upstairs chatting with various friends. Everyone in their small town knew them, they were definitely an showstopper family with their looks, getting stares and compliments. Yes, they were all used to this but they could never imagine one person changing all normality , let alone a teenage girl.

-

"Dinner!" Shouted Grace, shoving clanking pots into the dishwasher, washing her dirty hands. Stomping was heard coming from the stairs, an argument starting. Grace already knew it was the boys and groaned internally. The shouting grew louder until it reached the kitchen, "Stop shouting!" She exclaims staring at the boys with disapproval.

Marcus, fair haired, mumbles an apology, Harry falling in suite. They knew it was a stupid argument, over whose boxers were whose, but can't help but fight over everything.

Time passed as everyone settled down, eating in silence  until Grace says something which catches the boys attention,
"did you know there's a new girl starting at your school tomorrow boys? Mrs Jones told me she's come from Canada." This perked their interest - a new girl, and from a different country in their small town?

Harry ignored it after a few seconds, not really caring, but Marcus was intrigued . Harry was what you would call a typical boy, strong, tall, independent but in Highschool terms this meant a jock - and we know what they are like. Marcus on the other hand was more caring, less strong- willed and leaner in statue than Harry, but no less taller. They couldn't be more different.

Marcus was first to reply, "no I didn't, what year is she in?"
"Marcus's year I think, but I'm not too sure" Grace replied, wiping her face with some kitchen roll. Marcus was a junior, 1 year younger than Harry who was a senior.

"I hope she's pretty, everyone around here is starting to bore me" Harry jested, a smirk tugging on his lips. Marcus only scowled  at his brother, of course that's what he cared about: looks.
"That's no way to speak about a girl, is it?" Grace scolded him. "No mom" he said, his smirk growing wider at the annoyance of his brother. Grace only rolled her eyes at his antics, giving up.

"You shall be kind to her either way, otherwise I will not be pleased and you mister will not like the consequences." Grace stated. Harry only nodded in agreement, going back to his dinner.

Dinner ended and everyone went their separate ways, Harry gaming on the Xbox and Marcus chatting to his friend. But as they went to bed that night, both boys felt a sense of change or rather excitement at the school day to come, because who knows what will happen?

IMPORTANT! A/n: the first two chapters are only  short intro chapters, the rest will be a lot longer.