A strange encounter

You, y/n, a twenty-year-old female was recently kicked out of your parent's house and you need to find a job quickly. You've been living with your best friend, who has been helping you find a job. Eventually, your best friend has thankfully found a job at the amusement park called Odd World. The place was worn down and crusty, but it did pay well, and that's all you cared about. You picked up your phone and called the number your best friend told you to call. An strange, monotone voice could be heard once they answered.

"Hello, this is Odd World you're calling. Are you calling about the job?"

You were slightly surprised by such a monotonous and calm voice speaking. You didn't expect it. You paused for a moment before speaking calmly.

"Yes, I'm calling about the job."

You replied. The speaker on the other side went silent for a moment, seemingly pondering something. Eventually, the voice suddenly spoke up again, you jumped in surprise by the sudden sound of speaking.

"Be here tomorrow, at Odd World, 8:00 sharp. You're hired by the way, and you're starting tomorrow."

They took a breath before speaking again, sounding more demanding and stern.

"Don't be late."

Then they hung up. You were left there utterly confused and shocked. You had so many questions that couldn't be answered until tomorrow, and who knows if anyone would even answer. Who was on the other side of the phone? Why wasn't there an interview? Has Odd World changed since the last time you've been there? Have they hired new employees? Have the staff become nicer? Are the mascots still as creepy? Why didn't the person on the other side of the phone hesitate to hire you? Why were you starting work immediately tomorrow? Why were- Okay, you get it, a LOT of questions. You just stood there, staring at your phone for a moment before sliding it back into your pocket and heading back to the guest room in your best friend's house. You sighed as you walked in, quietly shutting and locking the door. You took off your shoes and the rest of your clothes, then you walked to the bathroom connected to the guest room and turned on the shower. You waited for a moment for the water to get warm, then you hopped in, feeling the warm water relax you slowly.

After your shower

You were already dressed and ready for bed. You forgot to eat something tonight, but you decided you'd be fine. You climbed into bed and snuggled up underneath the blankets comfortably, eventually falling asleep after some time. As you slept, a certain someone broke into the house and silently found their way to your room. They tried opening it, but soon realized it was locked. They looked around for a bobby pin, eventually finding one and lock-picking the door to your room. They silently entered and took a moment to admire your unconscious self before slowly and quietly picking you up in their arms. You didn't wake up, despite you occasionally swaying in their bony arms.

After arriving at Odd World

You slowly woke up, only to realize you're in a completely different room. You sit up slowly and were met face-to-face with three of Odd World's mascots... Blue, Purple, and Red. It took you a moment to figure out who Red was, since he doesn't usually show himself. You tilted your head slightly, confused and curious instead of afraid. This surprised all three of the mascots. They thought you would literally jump out of your skin when you saw them, but you just sat there silently while tilting your head. Eventually, Red cleared his throat and spoke up in that same, monotone and calm voice you heard on the phone.

"You may be wondering why you're here, but we can't exactly tell you that yet. I'm assuming you already know our names, but if you don't, I'll just tell you. I'm Red," He points to Purple. "That's Purple," He points to Blue. "And that big doofus is Blue."

Blue glared at Red for a moment and tried to protest, but Red just shushed him and started speaking again.

"Don't bother telling us your name, because we already know y/n."

You then stared at him with a confused expression. How the hell could they know your name already? That was a little suspicious (Among us music plays), but you decided to ignore it. Red spoke up again.

"You're not gonna be a menace, right?"

You paused for a moment before replying.

"I'll try my best not to be, I guess."

Red sighed softly, and that's when you noticed how tired he looked. You tilted your head again as he spoke.

"Good enough... now, I have a uniform for you ready, hopefully it fits."

He tossed you a uniform that he's been holding in his hand. You were a bit confused, wondering why you hadn't noticed he had this in his hands before. Then, all three mascots left the room for a moment to allow you to get changed. You quickly changed into the uniform and Blue called out from behind the door.

"You done yet?"

You paused before speaking up. You had just finished changing.

"Yeah, I'm done."

All three mascots walked back into the room, their expressions varying from calm and collected to annoyed and slightly irritated.

words: 917

Done ✨ That was fun to write :3