5.Regret

''one mistake can destroy everything''

Five years later...

London, United kingdom

 I felt blood trickling down my hands as I continuously puched the bag,venting out the frustration,pain,guilt.

Guilt of not trusting her killed me every day.

All I could see was her tear-streaken face, the pain in her eyes, how her happy expression turned into an emotionless one, how she discarded the mangalsutra and left,  to never return. I collapsed onto my knees, taking deep breaths.

The flashes of that dreadful day raced before me—the sound of sirens, the scent of burning, the flames engulfing her car. Everyone says she is dead, but for me, she is alive; I know she is alive.

My Prachi is alive, and I will find her. That's what I've been doing for the past three years.

------

Mumbai, India

"Did you get to know where he is?", a worried Pallavi asked Vikram, to which he just shook his head.

"No one has any idea where he went Pallavi, neither he is contacting us nor allowing us to trace him.''

"I want my son back, Vikram" she cried helplessly, Vikram side-hugged her as she sobbed.

-------

DELHI,INDIA

"

It's always a pleasure working with you Miss.Arora."

Mr.Saxena shook his head with the young lady dressed in grey formals.Her aura screaming authority.

"Likewise,Mr.Saxena".
She said in her firm voice,making her way out of the conference.Her PA Baani followed behind her,discussing her next meeting venue and remaining tasks of the day.

As she walked by the giant hallway of RIVA industries, employees bowed their head down to her in respect.

"Finally you are here,kabhi toh aaram kar le jab dekho tab kaam kaam aur kaam."

Her bestfriend Shahana chided her whole she just rolled her eyes.It was their daily routine,She would work for hours and then her bestfriend will come scolding her.But atleast she cared for her and held her when nobody did.

"Meri dadi Amma banna chod aur bata kya kaam hai?"

"Kaam ho toh hi aaungi kya?"
She asked dramatically thinking it might work,but whom is she kidding?
It might work on old prachi not this one.

I gave her a look and she sighed

"Woh gadhe ka baccha ek ladki ke saath ghum Raha hai."
She yelled crying in frustration.

It was nothing new for them,they both would fight,cry and then love each other like nothing happened.

"Chal mere saath."
She looked at me confused but nonetheless followed me out.We made ourself comfortable into my car with me in the driving seat and her passenger seat.I could never trust her with cars as last time I did,I got a damaged car and a broken wall.

It took as an hour to reach our destination,but as soon as we did,Shahana frowned knowing all too well where and why I brought her.

She glared at me but ignoring her I got down and opened her door,gesturing her to get out.

"Go and talk to him."

She shook her head like a stubborn child but went inside after getting a chilling glare from me.

Love may not be in my destiny but I won't let anyone else have the same fate as me.