Part 1

Kim Taehyung's first day at Jeon High was nerve-wracking, yet he hid his nerves behind a wall of sassy remarks and an unfazed attitude. With his thick glasses and slightly rounded physique, he clutched his books tightly to his chest, navigating the crowded halls with a mixture of determination and indifference. Whispers followed him, and he could feel the weight of curious and judgmental eyes on him. Taehyung kept his gaze low, hoping to make it to his classroom without any incidents.

As he rounded a corner, he nearly collided with a group of students. Apologizing quickly, he stepped back, cheeks burning with embarrassment. Among the group was Jeon Jungkook, the popular boy with a charming personality. Tall, athletic, and effortlessly charismatic, Jungkook was everything Taehyung wasn't. But there was something about him that made Taehyung's stomach churn.

"Watch where you're going, fatty," Jungkook sneered, his eyes narrowing.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips despite his racing heart. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there, prince charming. Must be all that hot air around you."

Jungkook's friends snickered, but Jungkook's gaze darkened. He wasn't used to being talked back to, especially not by someone like Taehyung. "What did you just say?"

"You heard me," Taehyung replied, lifting his chin defiantly. "Or do you need your minions to translate?"

Jungkook's gaze lingered on Taehyung for a moment longer than necessary, a strange look flickering in his eyes. Taehyung couldn't decipher whether it was curiosity, amusement, or something else entirely. Before he could ponder it further, Jungkook turned away, leading his friends down the hall with a laugh.

Shaking off the unsettling feeling, Taehyung hurried to his first class, hoping to blend into the background. However, as the day progressed, he couldn't shake the feeling that Jungkook's eyes were always on him. During lunch, he found a quiet corner in the cafeteria, only to notice Jungkook sitting at the popular table, occasionally glancing in his direction.

"Why does he keep looking at me?" Taehyung muttered to himself, pushing his food around his tray. He felt a strange mix of anxiety and curiosity. There had to be a reason why the most popular boy in school was paying attention to him, but Taehyung couldn't fathom what it might be.

"Hey, new kid!" a voice called out, snapping Taehyung from his thoughts. It was one of Jungkook's friends, a tall boy with a smug grin. "Heard you mouthed off to Jungkook this morning. Got some guts, huh?"

Taehyung looked up, meeting the boy's gaze with a deadpan expression. "Yeah, well, someone's gotta keep you guys entertained. I charge by the hour, by the way."

The boy's grin faltered, and Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle to himself. He might be out of place here, but he wasn't going to let anyone intimidate him.

As the final bell rang and students poured out of the building, Taehyung made his way to his locker. He fumbled with the combination, his mind racing with questions. Just as he opened the locker, a shadow fell over him. He turned around to find Jungkook standing there, a peculiar smile playing on his lips.

"You're Taehyung, right?" Jungkook asked, his voice smooth and confident.

Taehyung nodded, swallowing hard. "Y-yes."

Jungkook's smile widened, but his eyes held an intensity that made Taehyung's skin prickle. "Welcome to Jeon High," he said, his tone oddly layered with both friendliness and something more. "I'll be seeing you around."

"Great," Taehyung replied, forcing a smile. "Can't wait for our next delightful interaction."

With that, Jungkook walked away, leaving Taehyung standing there, heart pounding and mind racing. What did Jungkook want with him? And why did his presence leave Taehyung feeling both intrigued and uneasy?

Taehyung shut his locker, taking a deep breath. One thing was certain: his time at Jeon High was going to be far from ordinary.