Out Of The Cage // ep 1

Felix had lived in the pet shop for as long as he could remember, passing his days in loneliness with only the occasional costumers wanting to view him. Of course, he did not like any of it. And he had no way of expressing himself since he couldn't understand nor speak the peoples alien language.

Felix arose as he heard the breakfast bells ring, the noise was infuriating. It was too loud, and for what? To inform him a huge alien hand was about to come and give him food.

The green hand slid a small bowl into Felixs cage full of hard flakes he did not like to eat. If he didn't eat his food though an employee would have to shove it down Felixs throat forcefully which both of them did not want.

Felix could feel the sharp flakes go down his throat as they stabbed it like a million knives.

Everyday was the same for Felix. Wake up, force breakfast, viewing (the worse part in his opinion), force dinner, sleep and repeat. The only thing Felix could remember from his childhood are small glimpses of his mother but much more her being taken away from him when we was just a baby.

As the shop opened Felix ran to the corner of his cage, hoping not to be seen by any costumers. Usually, it worked, but not every time. Felix flinched at the colossal legs running towards him. The alien stopped right in front of Felixs illegally small cage pointing her huge finger at his small trembling figure.

"MOM THIS ONE IS SOOOO CUTEEE!!" The little girl alien exclaimed, practically shouting at Felix making him shake even more. Felix couldn't understand the girls words but could certainly figure out it was admiration, which was bad, really bad. It ment she would most likely want to play with him. Touch him.

Another, older alien woman looked at Felix. "Mhm.. yes he's cute, you want to hold him?" She said towards the girl. The woman walked towards an employee, Zorak, maybe? Felix didn't like him at all. He was so mean to humans, especially Felix.

When Felix looked up again he saw Zorak approaching with a key almost the size of Felix as he unlocked Felixs cage. "Just be careful with him.. he's...sensitive.." contrasting his words, he scooped Felix up from the corner of his cage carelessly and handed Felix to the girl. She held Felix high right in front of her big blacked out shiny eyes all aliens had. Felix quivered and occasionally squirmed when she pet his her with her finger.

Aliens had somehow come to a conclusion that humans liked being pet even though most of the humans Felix had asked did not like being touched at all.

Suddenly, the girl poked Felix in the stomach a little too hard triggering his reflex to bite her. "OWWIE!!! MOOM IT BIT ME!!!" The girl shouted, piercing Felixs ears in a blast. He understood her words were those of a negative reaction. Bad, bad, bad. He was going to get punished for this.

He was very quickly snatched away from the girls hands and thrown and locked back in his cage by Zorak. "I am so sorry ma'am, I told you he is sensitive he probably got scared by your daught-" "are you implying that this is my beautiful angels fault? Your stupid human bit her! Can I speak to your manger please?" The older woman answered Zoraks words. "Oh no no no no need for the manger, we will give ughhh.. we will give you a confiscation."

Felix just set curled up in the corner of his cage rocking back and forth as he did when he was nervous.

About 15 minutes later the woman and her daughter left and Zorak went up to Felixs cage. "Why??? Why would you do that?? Are you seriously that stupid?? Do you see anyone else making trouble out of being held? You are seriously the ONLY moron who gets us in trouble, do you have any idea how much money we had to pay her? I don't even understand why you are still here, it's been like seventeen years."

Felix couldn't understand him but the words hurt anyway. Felix sniffled as the words continued. Eventually resulting in tears.

"Ha ha! No way! You're actually crying! That's so fucking funny no way you're seventeen!" Zorak continued the bullying.

"Oh my god will you stop it?" A female voice chimed in, Felix thought she was going to goin the berating. "That's so horrible that you bully him like that! You said it yourself he's just sensitive." A female alien employee walked up and pushed Zorak out of the way. But she did not bully him at all, She looked with warm eyes right at Felix and somehow her gaze comforted him.