Chapter 18: I Didn't Change My Number

Do You Like Me? - Daniel Caesar

★・・・・・・★

CHARLES' POV

"Baby!" I yell from the living room. "Are you ready? We have to meet them in 15!"

"Relax!" Julianna yells back, "Monaco is tiny!"

"Hurry up anyway!"

I frown, taking a seat. A few moments later, she comes walking out with her handbag on one arm and a jacket draping over the other. I take a good long look at her.

She's gorgeous.

The fabric of her top and skirt lay so gently above her Miami-kissed skin. It's simple, her outfit; a black high-neck top, and a low-waisted mini skirt with a simple gold necklace lying on her chest. But she makes everything glow like it would in heaven.

Celestial.

"You're absolutely breathtaking," I whisper, standing up as I take her by the waist.

I plant my lips on hers, and she takes me in like a magnet to iron. Heat pours from me into her. I feel her up and down, grabbing her waist, squeezing her thighs and then some, running my eager fingers through her hair— I'm touching her like she's ephemeral.

Because I need her permanently.

She pulls away, catching her breath. "Charles,"

"Julianna,"

"Charles," she repeats. "I..."

I yearn for her to say it. I look into her eyes, and they whisper it to me. But her mouth opens, and the words don't follow.

"We're running late," she says instead with a soft smile. I can't stop my face from dropping slightly. "Let's go,"

★・・・・・・★

"Wow, this steak is incredible," Gianna says to the table after a swallow. "I should've gotten that,"

"Too bad," Lando says. "Better for my pockets,"

"Oh boohoo," Gianna taunts. "A multimillionaire is worried about one steak,"

Julianna and I laugh at the two of them, in awe at how similar they are to one another.

"How's your food, my love?" Julianna asks me.

"So good," I reply. "This place never disappoints,"

Gianna takes her champagne glass in her hand, raising it. We all follow suit, clinking glasses.

"To love, and to Monaco," she toasts.

"To love," the three of us repeat. "And Monaco,"

I take a long sip before setting my glass down. "They're the same thing to me,"

A round of laughter sounds across the table.

Love.