Chapter 4

I stand on a rooftop a few buildings away with Sam, as Steve enters the building in Bucharest; the one we received intel on stating that Bucky may be hiding at. Well, stand is a relative term, as I was actually standing on the edge of the building in a shifted form. I decided that it would be best to be ready to fly if things went south, plus it seemed less conspicuous than having two people on a roof should anyone see us. So I stood as a Hooded Crow; fast enough to keep up with any action but not so small that I'd get lost in any mess, and also known to be seen in this area. I was constantly trying to research and study animals in different areas so when I needed to, I could blend in as much as possible.

This lead was the only one we had for Bucky's whereabouts and although he kept dodging us every time, we had to take a shot at it. Now all we could do was hope that he really was in there. Both physically and mentally.

Sam pulls the binoculars away from his face and looks down at the street. I follow his stare and see gunmen begin to surround the building, setting up stations. The local police. Guess they got a lead of some sort too.

I can hear the fighting even from where we've stationed ourselves after Sam finishes his countdown of the soldiers breaching the building. Sam looks at me and I nod to him. He spreads his wings and takes off and I launch myself right behind him.

As soon as I'm in the air, I see someone jump from the building that was under siege. I realize it's Bucky. He's aiming for a bag on that rooftop he just jumped to, but then a black shadow descends on him. I've never seen this figure before but he was definitely wearing some sort of super suit. His moves were fast and expert and it looked like he was not on our side.

Bucky manages to break away from the new opponent and makes his way down to the street. But this new super was right behind him, Steve following close.

We somehow manage to be in a tunnel as all three of them keep pace with each other by foot, while Sam and I try to keep up with our flight. Just as we are about to reach the exit and the three are through, there's an explosion at the edge of the tunnel. As rocks and pillars begin to break and fall from the ceiling, Sam and I do our best to dodge them, but my wing is hit and it sends me into a spiral. I hit the ground hard and just lay there as I felt myself slowly melt back into my human form. I slowly push myself up and wince as I feel a stab of pain in my elbow. Not broken I determine, as I slowly try to stretch it out, but definitely badly bruised. I get all the way up, holding my arm level with my other one, trying to take some of the weight off. I turn around and spot Sam who appears to be okay too, then I turn to the three men we were chasing.

The fighting has stopped between the three of them and Steve has his arm out in front of Bucky protectively to stop the other man from getting to him. Bucky looks around as the two talk, and finally spots me. Our eyes lock and he holds me with his gaze for what feels like an eternity, though it was probably only a second. He starts to move towards me, but then Rhodey comes down in his full suit, aiming a gun at them, and orders them to stand down. I feel someone knock into the back of me and I realize my left arm, my bad arm, is pulled behind my back by a gunman that showed up with Rhodey. The sudden movement of my already damaged arm sends a shock of pain through me and I yell out a little as I fall to my knees, the grip on me not loosening.

I look behind me and see Sam with his hands up too as I try to force the pain out through my breath. I hear Rhodey tell Captain that we're criminals now and under arrest.

We are rounded up and transported to Berlin, Bucky in one of the craziest lock down cages I have ever seen. Guess they really don't trust him.
Steve begins to talk with the new guy, who as it turns out, is now the King of Wakanda. He tells us about Black Panther; the history, the reason for it, what it is made of. The suit is why he could do all those amazing things on top of already being a great fighter. I can't help but feel impressed, but then I realize that he is the one hunting Bucky down now, and not for the same reason we are. He was not on our side.