Chapter 6

Feeling a surge of confidence, I decided to take a chance. "Hey" I yelled trying to get his attention.

He smiled, revealing his charming dimples that only added to his appeal. "What's up?" he said.

"Care to dance with me?" I asked, trying to read him.

"Yes, I mean sure," he replied, fixing his tone.

"Ok! Let's go!" I said, taking hold of his hand and guiding him towards the dance floor, skillfully maneuvering through the crowd of enthusiastic dancers. With each step, I could sense the influence of the three shots I had already consumed, intensifying my own tipsiness. As we settled into a favorable spot, I turned to face Darren, locking eyes with him. It hadn't occurred to me until now just how much taller he was compared to me. Being quite tall myself, it was a rarity for someone to tower over me like that, but Darren managed to do so effortlessly. I moved closer to him, causing me to tilt my head upwards in order to keep eye contact with him. He stood there, seemingly anticipating my next move.

My hands traced the contours of his chest, gliding down to his waist, feeling the warmth of his body beneath my touch. He remained still, his gaze locked with mine, a silent invitation in his eyes. A hint of a smile playing on his lips. I couldn't help but return the smile as I took a step back, swaying to the rhythm of the music, teasing him with my movements. In a matter of seconds, Darren was by my side, his hands finding their way to my waist, pulling me towards him. Our bodies moved in perfect harmony, a dance of desire and passion. I looked up at him, my arms wrapping around his neck, feeling the electricity between us intensify with every beat of the music. The world around us faded away, leaving only the two of us lost in the moment. As our bodies pressed closer together, I could feel his heartbeat matching the pace of mine. The chemistry between us was undeniable, a magnetic pull that drew us together. It was almost as if we had known each other for years.

We stayed this way for a couple of songs.  There's a certain charm about Darren; he hasn't tried to push himself onto me or do anything crazy. It genuinely feels like he wanted to dance with me just as much as I wanted to dance with him.

At this point in the night and now morning I couldn't really control my thoughts, feelings, or actions. The alcohol had completely taken over.

"You wanna know something". I said playfully, standing lifting my head to meet the end of his ear.

"What" he said tilting his down to me.

"I think I like you". I said as I looked up to him.

"I think I like you too. You're something else" he chuckled, his laughter dancing in the air. "You know I don't usually do stuff like this either."

"What stuff?" I asked.

"Dance with girls at the club"

"What do you do then?" I teased.

"I mean I go out but all girls want to do is get laid. I'm not really for it."

"Oh me either" I said, and he smiled at me.

"I like to get to know the girl first," My eyes began to drop slowly. Making me stumble a little.

"You ok?" he said, holding me up.

"Yes, I'm fine. Where's Chloe?"

"I don't know. She left us a while back to go to the dance floor when we were at the bar remember."

"Oh yeah '' I said, "I don't remember that happening". My eyes closed again.

"Layla! I think it's time for you to go home and get some sleep. Did you and Chloe drive here or call a cab?" he said while still holding me upright.

"Um-"

"Don't worry about it. Can I see your phone?" When I failed to give it to him he reached into my purse and held my phone up to my face unlocking it.

"Dont worry im not doing anything weird."

"Good cause if you were I was going to beat you up." I said holding up my fist, he laughed at me.

"Stop laughing at me!"

"Sorry. Ok all set. And if I need to, I can come back and get her."

"Get who?" I yelled.

"Chloe" he walked me towards the exit and a car pulled us as we walked out of the budding. A man hopped out of the car dressed in all black, opening the door for both of us. Darren helped me in first sliding into the car after. I sat down laying my head on his shoulder.

"You know you're a really nice guy," I said, closing my eyes.

"Thanks"

And with that I passed out in the back of Darren's car.