Welcome to Scrubbit's and Bleacher's

Willy pov:

I sat on a bench, took off my hat, and pulled out a bedside candle from inside it. I blew on it and it lit on fire. Y/N sat next to me after and she cuddled against me for warmth. I couldn't deny that my heart skipped a beat and warmth spread to my cheeks. I pulled out an alarm clock and two glasses. I took out a pot as well and poured myself and y/n steaming hot chocolate, stirring it with a spoon afterwords before putting the pot back in my hat. A dog approached me, I’m more of a cat person but I like dogs too. Y/N however loved dogs, she always compared me to a puppy, I don't know why. “Oh! Hello!” The dog then sniffed y/n's hand and licked it before the dog went after my trousers and started biting them so I tried to shoo it away getting nervous. “Shoo! Shoo!” Y/N tried to help but it wouldn't listen to her

“Stop! Sit!” the dog immediately sits to what I assume is his owner’s command. A though looking man emerges from the shadows revealing his broken tooth. He was larger than me and had a mustach and hair covered by his hat. “Sorry about Tiddles. He seems to have a shine to your leg.”

“It must be these pants. I got them from a mailman in Minsk.” I responded politely. Y/N stared at the man with a blank expression. I could tell that she already was suspicious of him, she's like that with everyone.

“That’ll be it. Tiddles’d spends all day pursuing postal workers if he could, wouldn’t you boy?” The dog makes a sound of agreement as if he understood our conversation. I thought that the man would probably leave soon so I continue setting up for the night. “You two aren't not planning on sleeping there, are you?” He asked concerned, I like him. He seems like a nice man. Y/N however wasn't impressed.

“It’s only for one night. By this time tomorrow, I plan to make my fortune with the help of my friend here.” I reassure him wrapping an arm around y/n showing her off.

“By this time tomorrow, you’ll both be frozen solid.” The man points out.

“Oh don’t be ridic-” I protest about to stir my chocolatey drink only to realize that it’s frozen solid. Oh… at least I have a popsicle that could eat later. “Perhapes it is a little cold for camping. But unfortunately I’m no longer in position to pay for a room.” I said regretting my financial choices that I have made.

“I’m sorry to hear that. But as luck would have it, I know someone who might be able to help you guys out.” This man is so kind, I have a good feeling about this.

“Really?” I ask hopefully almost expecting him to say no and reveal that he was messing with us but he nodded. Yes!

The man told me that his name was Bleacher it’s a odd name but my last name is Wonka so I can’t judge and told him mine. He led me throught the winding, cobbled streets of what looked to be the poorer part of town. I could hear bottled clinking in his pocket but chose to ignore it.
“Here we are, Mr. Wonka and Ms. L/N. Home sweet home.” Tiddles paws at the door to a laundry that was shuttered for the night. There was harsh, grating  shouts inside. Most people would see this as a read flag but maybe they was just having a rough day? You can’t judge a book by its cover.

“Get your filthy paws of my front door, you miserable mutt. If it’s you Bleacher, you’d better have that gin!” a woman’s voice came from the other side of the door. Odd thing to shout considering that it’s an inn.

Bleacher responded with chuckle and said, “Oh I’ve got something better than gin, Mrs. Scrubbit. Guests.”

Mrs. Scrubbit opened the slot revealing her eyes and they light up when she sees me, “Ooh, well why didn’t you say?” she addressed me charmingly, “Come on in, sir and ma'am!” I smile at her before she opens the door and ushers me in. There is a counter running along the wall and behind it there are shelves filled with bundles of laundry. “Welcome to Scrubbit and Bleacher, Guest House and Laundry. You two make yourselves at home, warm your cockles by the fire. Gin?” She offered.