Chapter 2:Innocence lost

April 5, 2000

"MOM!" He said getting ready for school, ''What is it, Ethan?"... "Where is my assignment file," Ethan asked emerging downstairs. "how do I know, where did you leave your summer work, It's Your file". After looking for his assignment Ethan got tired and sat at the table and started a conversation with his mom. "I swear, I put it on my desk last night," he said eating the bagel that she served... "Then, it must be there just look carefully you will find it". He groaned at her words as he stretched his body, hearing His mom playfully nagging me he whined. "look at you, acting like you just came out of labor," Saying that she started to eat her toast. "it's not about the laboring Mom, it's about the file I swear to god mom, something is fishy in this house, someone steals our stuff late at night when no ones awake. Hearing Ethan's words she looked up from her paper and chuckled at his words shaking her head. "Yeah, Yeah all they find to steal is your homework in this place now, don't they? Sarcasm was dripping from her words. Ignoring her mother's statement, Ethan spoke again. "It's not just the homework mom, it's my socks your bracelet, and many other stuff that went missing earlier this month". He exclaimed while gulping down the glass of milk and looking at her with a tired expression. Sighing at his dramatic expression, she put her paper down and said in a done tone. "Mr. Dramatic ass, will you look at the sofa table there is an amusing thing sitting right there," As Ethan's Mom told him to look at the sofa side table he turned around only to see his file lying on the table, looking back at her he grins at her sheepishly. "That's why you're the best mom in the world," he said winking at her. Shaking her head at his behavior she said. "Stop, buttering me you brat, and wear your shoes I will drive you off to school" Hearing his mom's order he got up from his chair and ran up to the table picked up his file put it in his bag, zipped the bag carefully he picked up the house keys and went towards the door to wear the shoes. Upon making sure everything was with him that he needed for his first day, He walked out of the house and walked toward the car, he went inside the car and waited for his mom to come out after Ethan's mom sat inside the car turned on the engine, He looked up from detangling his headphones and asked. "Mom, Where is Dad I haven't seen him at all yesterday and today at the table he wasn't there either". Waiting for her answer he started to detangle his earphones again, sensing the silence he again looked up expecting an answer to feel Mom tensing up at his words, but after a few minutes passed in silence, as he was going to say something again his mom started to talk."Your father came home late last night that's why he was sleeping, and that's how you didn't see him on the dining table". Nodding at the answer he went back to the headphones sensing the awkward tension he kept his lips shut, Listening to his mind wander to his mother's being down as he spoke earlier, before he could talk again and ask his mom to speak again. "Alright kiddo, your school has arrived make sure to behave and have a lot of fun on your first day of high school". Groaning at her words he puffed his cheeks in embarrassment and told her in a whining tone, "Geez, Mom it sounds like you're taking me to the kindergarten". Hearing his reply a smile appears on her face, as he looks from the review mirror he sees her holding back her giggles. "Aww, I remember the day I took you to the kindergarten, for the first time you started crying holding my legs and not letting me go, telling me to not let go of you it took your teacher 30 minutes to get you off my back". groaning at the embarrassing memory he looked at her in the eyes and smiles at her. "Bye, Mom". Speaking softly and kissing her cheek as he opened the door of the car, she chuckled as he got out of the car. "Bye baby". Saying those words Mom drives away...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.