The Right Communication

Ep. 308-310

HM is taking a tea break at Badnaam's shop when Iqbal takes a seat at the table and gets busy tinkering with a few papers, a couple of phones, and some small tools. He switches sims and notes down numbers and reboots phones expertly and Badnaam curses him for being so good at multiple different businesses when his one chai shop was doing horribly.

Casually curious about it, HM watches him for a few seconds before she asks, "Kiske phone ka post-mortum kar rahe ho?"

"Woh Karishma Madam ne naya sim card mangaya tha. Wahi activate kar raha tha," He answers without hesitation.

"Karishma Singh ke liye? Par kyun?" HM asks, intrigued.

"Pata nahi, unko naya number chahiye tha, shayad kisi case ke liye," Iqbal shrugs, giving his best guess.

HM frowns, wondering what case has made KS require that. But she nods regardless and let's him work.

Once he's done, he picks up his things and is about leave when HM stops him.

"Acha ek kaam karo, hume unka naya number de do. Hum phone me feed kar leinge," HM requests, pulling out her own phone.

Iqbal shrugs again, finding no harm in that, and gives her the number anyway.

Later in the day when KS asks him for the SIM, he is too busy with his multiple businesses to remember to mention that small detail to her.

KS, who has been too much on edge with their latest case, has pretty much lost a sense of herself.

That seems to be the only explanation as to why she'd fall for Billu's ridiculous goading and give in to her insecurities.

The case was of a weather department employee who had been tricked into texting and flirting with an anonymous girl on the phone. And he fell so deeply for her offered friendship that he not only sent her two lakh rupees from his own savings. But also stole and sold his wife's jewelry to send her eight lakh more. And only then did he realize that she had scammed him.

KS thinks he has to be a new level of stupid to fall for a scam like that.

But Billu and the guys claim that while he may be stupid for the money, it's not that hard to coerce someone using flirting tactics. And if the scammer is good, they can easily manipulate someone to cheat on their partner by flirting back. According to their theories, no one is in a safe enough relationship where cheating, even accidental, is not a threat.

KS thinks she has to be an even higher level of stupid to fall for any theories that Billu, Iqbal, and Badnaam think up.

Especially when Cheeta, the only sensible man she knows, is adamant that there is a kind of love that goes beyond blind trust. He thinks it is a matter of faith more than anything. Not just in your partner and yourself, but in the relationship you've built together. And when two people surrender themselves so completely to their love, no one else is even visible to them.

KS knows that if he has that faith in himself and Santu, there is no way she can doubt it. And if that's the case, then KSand HM are far too devoted to each other to not have that bond as well.

But the guys refuse to believe Cheeta's words without proof that Santu likes him back. And since that is a feat no one has yet been able to accomplish, once again, KS finds herself wondering if she should need some proof too.