Chapter 28

I got a call that he made it to the pack before I did, but I'm not surprised. I'm pretty far away, and I'm delayed on my return. I will eventually make it and have to put him in his place. I wish I could go back to Summit Mountain. I wish I could take the time to get Melanie to listen to me. I want her to understand why I did what I did. I want her in my life and by my side.

This is a long ass drive, and I wish I could make the trip in wolf form. The sooner I get back, the sooner I can leave again. Unfortunately, that isn't an option for me. I need to get the car back home, so a long drive it is. As focused as I am on getting home, my mind won't leave Melanie. Our last interaction is seared in my brain, and I hate that it ended up that way. I had hoped that my return to Onyx Pack would include having Melanie by my side. I meant what I told her: I would wait for her.

A three-day trip was made in less time than that, my speeding being the cause. I pull in front of the packhouse and see Hugo waiting for me. I jump out of the car and throw my keys to an awaiting Omega. "Talk to me."

"Where's the Luna?" I growl loudly, not wanting to voice the turmoil on my mind for the last day or two. "Uh, OK. Well, he showed up here when I called you. He said he'd be back. We haven't seen him around packlands or anything, so I'm not sure where he's staying. He specifically asked about you and referred to you by your title." How the hell did he know who I was and what pack I was from? Something isn't right, but it doesn't matter at this point. I want him to show so I can shut him down once and for all.

~Brady~

That bitch! I woke up with my people, trying to figure out what the hell happened. I had her; I had the bitch right where I wanted her. She was going to wear my mark, and I was going to show her how a she-wolf is supposed to behave. How the hell did she beat me at the last minute?

I was embarrassed, and the heads of the competition were angry with me because I almost marked her. Fuck them! I can do what I please, and they're lucky that was all I planned to do to her after her atrocious behavior toward me all weekend. She's too damn cheeky for her own good, and she needs a strong male to knock her down to size.

On the way home, one of my men filled me in on the information he gathered. I wanted all the information I could find on that idiot who always seemed to interrupt my interactions with that vixen. He learned that he wasn't who he claimed to be, which intrigued me. I spoke to my pack and grabbed my guy to go confront the loser.

I was told he wasn't around when I arrived at the Onyx pack. I decided to wait for him to show up. I've been waiting at a hotel in a local human town. I told them to call me when he arrived, but I'm sure they won't. He's an Alpha, so I'm sure he would think this is beneath him. I plan to show him who I really am and what happens when you cross me. I'm not afraid of any Alpha. Most of them are in their position simply because of who they were born to. I got my position based on my skills. I can knock any Alpha off their throne, including my own. I will show that bastard who's who. Then I will go claim my mate.

~Janice~

There's a lot of buzz around the packhouse. First, some man came demanding to see our Alpha. I missed the entire meeting because I had gotten in trouble. I was caught on the Alpha floor and had to leave the packhouse for a few days. I was made to work outside in the garden and the garage.

When I returned to the packhouse, I was told the Alpha was returning. Immediately, I wanted to revisit my previous plans for him, but since I just got in trouble, I didn't think that was wise. I have to find a way to get to him without others interfering. I have to hope that an opportunity presents itself sooner rather than later.

I'm walking up from the basement with a laundry basket in my hands. I absolutely hate doing laundry, and I hate that I'm made to be some sort of servant here. They say it's because of what I did to my sister, but honestly, what did I really do? She wasn't even hurt. Her bullshit mate came to save the day before anything could happen.

I can't wait until I get Alpha Andrew to take me as his chosen. Once he does, I plan to go back to Summit Mountain and make sure Jax pays for what he did to me. He tricked me; he made me believe he wanted me all so he could get my stupid sister back. I want him to pay for hurting me, and the best way to do that is through power. As Luna, I will have more power than him, and I will be able to bring him to his knees. Maybe I will make my sister be my personal maid. It would be worth it to see her go through what I have to do on a daily basis. I just need the opportunity to put my plan into action, and then all will be right in my world. It's only a matter of time.