Chapter 3-Scarlett

I walk out of the lesson feeling good as I enter my last class of the day Potions. I look around for an empty seat and my good mood dissipates as I see Mattheo sat spinning a pen behind the only free desk. I avoid his eyes following mine and sit down.

After a while I start to relax and fully focus on Potions. I've always found something about it so intriguing and it amazes me even after Harry's told me about it. I suddenly hear a thud from behind me. I ignore it and pick up my pen when I feel a soft tap on my back and a sultry voice "Could you grab that for me?" I stiffen. "Get it yourself." I reply without even turning around. "It's right next to you," Mattheo whispers pointedly. I glance at the book on the floor and pretend as if I didn't hear him and continue my work. I suddenly feel a sharp tug on my hair. I turn round sharply and glare at him. "What the hell was that for asshole?" I say to him angrily. He smirks at me and leans forward, "No need to be so feisty new girl." I scoff at him and flip him off. Someone needs to seriously humble him. "God no need to be such a fucking princess, just pick up the damn book." He snaps at me. I open my mouth to respond with an insult when the teacher steps inbetween us. "Seeing as both of you love to talk so much, you'll be seeing each other in detention tomorrow. I turn back around and put my head in my hands, I cannot believe this. My first day and this asshole got me in a detention, not to mention with him.

Throughout the lesson I feel Mattheo's gaze on me and I shift around at the thought. As soon as class ends I pack up and when I stand up to leave he's leaning against my desk with an unlit cigarette in his mouth. I look at both him and the cigarette with disgust and he tilts his head. "Not a smoker?" I scoff and shove past him so hard it falls out of his mouth. I walk over and glance over my shoulder and instantly wish I hadn't. He's staring at me so intently with a mix of amusement, anger and something else I can't quite grasp. I shiver and leave the room.

ooo it's getting dramatiiiccc