03. Anger

Jude watched as Glenn walked around camp, handing out fruit to everyone. Either he's a very socially awkward person, or he's really bad at keeping secrets. Jude would've laughed at him if he wasn't so curious.

Once Glenn had made his way through all of the camp, he made his way over to Jude.

"Uh, I'm good, thanks," Jude declined. Glenn turned around to walk away but quickly stopped when Jude continued. "Glenn, what's going on?"

Glenn spun around, looking over his shoulder to make sure he was far enough away from everyone else so nobody could hear him, then stepped closer to Jude.

"Um, do you..." Glenn paused, looking over his shoulder again. Jude squinted, hushed eyes, waiting for Glenn to continue. "Do you know about the barn?"

"What about it?" Jude was utterly confused. It's just a barn, what's so special and secretive about it?

"Um, never mind, it's nothing," Glenn scratched the side of his neck and turned around, but Jude stepped in front of him before he could go anywhere.

"No, tell me. What about it?" Jude crossed his arms over his chest with furrowed eyebrows.

Glenn cleared his throat. "There's... There are walkers in the barn," Jude's stomach dropped. His lips parted slightly as he let out a shaky breath.

"What?" Jude asked, not that he didn't understand, he was just shocked and confused. It didn't make sense, none of it did.

"Um, I'm confused, too, I... I don't know," he mumbled, turning around and walking away.

~

Jude was furious after going to the barn and discovering that Glenn had been telling the truth. He was angry at everyone for not informing him or Rick's group.

He understood that it wasn't his farm, and they couldn't do whatever they wanted with it, but that didn't make it right.

Jude's hard stomps made the leaves crunch as he walked through the woods. He was filled with so many emotions and didn't know how to deal with them, mainly feeling anger. He usually didn't handle his anger well, so he had left the farm to take a walk, knowing he might explode if anyone approached him, even if they weren't the cause of his anger. He was also trying to avoid Maggie, who had kept a big secret from him.

He found a secluded spot in the woods and began pacing in a circle, clenching his fists and jaw as anger pumped through him. He tried to control his anger by taking deep breaths, but before he knew it his fist collided with the tree next to him. He hit it again and again and again, his knuckles stinging with every hit.

After a few more hits, he quickly spun around and pressed the palms of his hands against his closed eyelids. He let out a deep, shaky breath.

"C'mon Jude, pull it together. It ain't that big of a deal," He whispered to himself in frustration. Running his hands over his face, he felt the anger building inside him. Despite not feeling particularly sad, he could feel tears welling up unexpectedly, causing his throat to ache and his vision to blur. Clenching his jaw, he fought to hold back the tears.

"Stop it," he murmured, slamming the palms of his hands on his forehead. Images flashed in his head, the walker making its way into his home, his father stabbing it in the heart just for it to keep coming closer and closer until it was close enough to grab his father's shoulders. "Stop it," His hands met his head once more, prompting a tear to trickle down his cheek. He heard his father's screams as he ran out the door. He essentially abandoned his father to escape, only to seek refuge at a location where they were imprisoning the same things he had left behind. This place was so close to where he slept, yet no one had informed him about it.