Childhood - chapter 1

It was a warm summer day, every normal child was outside playing with their friends. But not Kazuha...

"Kazuha dear, you have to focus and study." Kazuha's mom said as she stroked his hair. Kazuha nodded, feeling jealous that he had to be homeschooled and wasn't allowed to go out at all without any adults. He was sick of having to be homeschooled and wanted to go to school or even outside really badly like any 8 year old would want to. Eventually, he had enough and once his parents weren't home, he snuck out and went in a forest to write some poetry.

Everything was going great until this one boy and his friends saw Kazuha and went up to him. They called him the weird kid since he focused on poetry and wasn't allowed to go outside alone.

"Hey, weird kid! Why are you always outside with only adults and never behave like a child?" The boy says. It was Tomo.

Kazuha stayed silent and Tomo and his friends decided to take Kazuha's paper and tear it apart.

"Now behave like a child and not like an adult, will you?" Tomo said, making fun of Kazuha.

"Stop it." Kazuha mumbled and Tomo's friends only laughed.

"Give us one reason" One of Tomo's friends said and Kazuha stayed silent.

"That's what I thought." Tomo laughed at Kazuha and eventually slapped him,leaving a mark.

"Owh! What the hell, Tomo?" Kazuha said and put his hand on his cheek.

"That's what you get for being a loser! I feel bad for your parents for having you."
Kazuha looked surprised by that and even hurt too.

"You don't know anything!" Kazuha answered obviously pissed off and upset by this whole situation. He slapped Tomo back and everyone was so shocked.

In the end, Tomo and Kazuha came back home with a mark on their cheeks. Kazuha's parents looked for Kazuha everywhere thinking he ran away and eventually finally saw him. His mother hugged him obviously worried

"Kazuha, where were you?! Your father and I were so worried! And why do you have a mark on your cheek?"

Kazuha hugged his mom back, reassuring her it's nothing
"It's nothing, mom.."
"Yes, it is! You're not allowed to go out anymore at all! And why did you even sneak out?"

"I just wanted to be a normal child.." He cried while hugging his mom.  He took a deep breath and spoke: "Mom,Dad, do you regret having me?"

His parents seemed surprised and couldn't understand where this was coming from.

"Of course not! Why should we? You're our son!"

Although, Kazuha couldn't believe it and believed Tomo, his childhood enemy instead of his parents...

Over the next few years kazuha wasn't allowed to go out at all only in the backyard. He always had someone next to him looking over him.

On his 12th birthday, he wanted nothing more but to go to school and be able to go outside alone. So he decided it was time to beg his parents. He knocked on their bedroom door.

"We'll come out in a few minutes." They said.

Kazuha waited a few minutes until his parents came out and hugged him.