Chapter 9: Ambushed

Storm's POV:

I stared at the doctor with wide eyes. "I...I'm pregnant?" I say. He nodded and came up to me with my charts.

"Yup. Your charts show that you are indeed pregnant. You're about a month and a half. So I highly suggest you rest and take some time off from work for a while. Your readings also show that you're under a certain amount of stress and I don't think you want to lose that little guy." He says, pointing at my stomach.

Bailey looked at me and grinned. "Can we see the baby?" She asks. The doctor nodded then escorted us to another room where I was told to lay on a table.

I lifted up my shirt as just the nurse brought out the gel. She placed it on my stomach and rubbed it all over me. It was very cold. Then she put the scope on me.

We all looked at the monitor as she tried to find a heartbeat. Then there it was, clear a day on the screen. "There he is," The nurse says.

"It's a boy?!" Bailey squeals.

"No. We just call it a "he" until we know for sure," The nurse replies. Bailey looks at me and squeal with so much excitement.

"This is great Storm! We're pregnant together! Our kids will grow up together," She says happily. I stared at the baby on the monitor, listening to its loud heartbeat.

Then I shook my head. "No no no. I-I can't be pregnant. I have a lot going on in my life already and a baby will just complicate things," I say worriedly.

I jumped off the table and ran down the hall to the elevator. Bailey ran after me but the elevator doors closed on her. Riley, I can't be pregnant. I just can't!

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I ran out. Well Storm, you and Cyrus have a great amount of love for each other. A baby was bound to happen. Shut up!

I quickly covered my ears and ran towards my car. Bailey suddenly appeared in front of me. "I did not want to use my powers in case any humans were around but I didn't know any other way to get your attention," She says irritably.

"Bailey, I can't be pregnant! I don't want to be!" I exclaim. She stared at me. I covered my face. "How did this happen?" I groan.

"Well Storm, what did you expect? You and Cyrus are always on top of each other. You guys, mainly Cyrus, was bound to slip up at some point. And now a baby is here," She replies.

"Bailey, we both have a lot going on in our lives. A baby is NOT what we need right now. But still, how did this happen?! Me and Cyrus always use protection and he always pulls out. And when he doesn't, I go and take plan B pulls," I note.

"Okay think. When's the last time you and Cyrus had sex?" She asks.

"Last week. And the week before that was first time in a long time we did anything. But the doctor said I'm a month and half so how?" I reply. Her eyes slowly started to widen.

"Your vacation," She says. My eyes widened. I tried to think back to our vacation in Portugal. I closed my eyes and thought hard. Then it hit me. I groaned loudly.

"The shower. Me and Cyrus took a shower together and....that's when it happened. We were careless," I state. Bailey crossed her arms and sighed.

"So what are you going to do?" She questions. I looked at her. "Storm, you have to tell Cyrus," She adds. I quickly shook my head.

"NO! No! He'd freak," I reply.

"Storm, he has a right to know. Isn't that what you've been telling me about Drew?" She retorts.