𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔

────────༺☆༻────────

────────༺☆༻────────

❝ you always said I was never
satisfied, but I don't think that's true,
'cause all i ever wanted was
to be enough for you❞

𝑬𝑵𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝒀𝑶𝑼 olivia rodrigo

────────༺☆༻────────

25 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 2014
12:20 am
𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒔, 𝒇𝒍
𖡡 lyla's house

"Ok now open this one" Lyla shoves a bright red box into Vivi's hands.

Vivi giggles, ripping off the vibrant wrapping paper. Revealing a silver Italian charm bracelet each link having a different charm, similar to the one Lyla always wears.

"I love it Lyla, thank you" she says, hugging her.

"It's nothing, I got Kai the same thing," she laughs.

"Hey you can't just spoil the surprise," he says, kissing his teeth as he opens his gift.

"Relax, I got it for everyone, you know, when we all go our own way- you'll remember me."

"Trust me, I won't forget your annoying ass anytime soon." Malakai laughs, making Lyla throw a Santa-shaped cookie at his face.

"This is what I get for being sentimental," she huffs.

Lyla takes a look at the small pile of unopened presents on one side of the living room. Awkwardly clearing her throat, "You heard from him?" She asks Kai, gesturing at Dominic's gifts.

"Nah, he's been MIA since the beginning of break- you?" he looks at Vivi who suddenly found the carpet to look interesting.

"Don't look at me," she shrugs. "You're his best friend."

"The last we talked he was at his grandma's house, but haven't got a hold of him since then. Probably the same shit again, he's only gonna show up when he wants to." Kai suggests.

It hasn't been the first time that Dominic had disappeared from their friend group. Most of the time it always had to do with the fact that his mom had gone to jail or that his dad showed up uninvited.

One thing was certain though, Dominic would rather run from his problems rather than facing it. Vivi should know, the two had never exchanged a word since summer break.

An impressive feat, considering they're practically forced to face each other every day at school since they share the same set of friends.

But there was a horrible feeling of guilt that settled in her stomach. Because despite all of it, he was someone who mattered to her at one point. And spending a holiday all alone when it should be celebrated with loved ones, felt... depressing.