𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚

────────༺☆༻────────

────────༺☆༻────────

❝ it cut deep to know ya,
right to the bone❞

𝑪𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑬 taylor swift

────────༺☆༻────────

2 𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 2015
12:10 pm
𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒔, 𝒇𝒍
𖡡 palmetto ridge high school

The bell rings, and Vivi packs up her notebook, making her way out of her AP Statistics class and heading out to the lunch room.

Winter break had been torture after not being able to see Lyla. It didn't help much after her mom took away her phone, cutting off contact with Kai as well. She was forced to spend the remaining week of her break with her sibling or take walks just to get out of the house.

And one of those walks might have been by Dominic's house, which looked eerily empty.

"Vivi!" Lyla squeals, jumping out of her seat to hug her friend. "It's been way too long, I was miserable without you. I had to bribe Kai with Wing Stop so he wouldn't ditch me. I'm probably $100 in debt right now"

"It was lonely without you too, I thought I was gonna go insane," Vivi says hugging her back.

"Ya'll act like you came back from war," he laughs watching their interaction. "And I have no regrets about having my friendship with Lyla bought through wings."

"Yeah, 'cause you've got the biggest appetite known to man. Besides, you wouldn't understand, this is the longest we've been apart, second to the time Lyla went to the Philippines in 7th grade for almost a month." Vivi explains. "How was break? Did I miss anything?"

Kai shrugs "Not much, except for Darren's New Year's party, shit was crazy." He laughs.

"Don't keep me guessing, spill it" Vivi says in interest, sitting down at the table they claimed since freshman year.

Kai and Lyla reenact the drama that went down at the party. Explaining how a drunken fight broke loose all because of a stupid beer pong game.

Vivi was so into the story, that she didn't realize when someone walked up to their table.

Kai stops mid-sentence to get up, "Hey, how you been?" he asks, dapping up the person behind her.

"Hey," Lyla smiles, getting up.

Vivi looks back to see, and her stomach does a flip. It had been weeks since she had seen him since anyone had last seen him.

He looked the same. The same brown hair that curled in wayward directions. The same gray hoodie he refused to throw away. Not to mention that same stupid Apple tattoo etched on his face.