Wings and Glory

When that new demigod left, Ari arrived to get me. We went back to the Ares Cabin where a few of his children were already there and waved hello to me.

I waved back while immediately walking over to Ari's bed and flopped on it.

Ari sighed, probably rolling her eyes, and walked over to me as I slipped off my shoes and laid on my stomach. Opening my eyes when the Warrior stood right next to my head.

Looking up at her, she was staring down at me with a knowing expression. Without her having to say a word, I sat up onto my knees. Slipping off my shirt, leaving me in just my bra and pants.

Laying back on my stomach, head resting on one arm with the other under the pillow, I felt Ari stare at the two long slits on my back that looked like scars. Reaching from top of my shoulder blade to the middle of my back.

Taking a deep breath, the slips opened and pure white wings slowly slipped out. They were long. Hanging off the bed on both sides and reaching the floor, bending slightly with the ends of it now laying on the floor.

"I don't know why you like them so much." I said, feeling Ari place a hand on one of my wings. My breath hitched, a shiver running up my spine as I shift in place. Ari noticed and smirked. "They're useless."

The wings were a gift, a gift with no purpose and was just a nuisance to deal with.

"They're gorgeous." Opening an eye to look at the curly hair warrior, her eyes were fixated on my wings as she touched them.

Feeling Ari's fingers gently playing with my feathers, loosing a few and making them come off, made me sleepy.

And it didn't take long for me to fall back asleep.

ZzZzZz

Hearing the doors to the cabin burst open and a few kids running in, I groaned. My eyes fluttered open and I sat up. My wings were still out and slid up off the floor.

Rubbing one of my eyes, I looked over at one of the windows to see that it was night already. Seeing that, I turned my head to see what all the commotion was.

And there stood three very angry demigods drenched in water, one being Ari. She ignored everyone's questions of what happened to them and walked over to her nightstand that was next to me. Yanking open her drawer while grumbling under her breath.

As she rummaged through her things, I leaned forward to look at the ground, seeing a puddle of water at her feet. I looked back up at her. "Why are you wet?"

The warrior didn't say anything at first. Grabbing a shirt from the drawer before slamming it close, my eyes still on her when she spoke. "That new kid." She growled. "Did something in the bathroom."

My hand twitched, eyes starting to glow a little. "Did he hurt you." The demigods nearby flinched by how cold my voice was and the aura around me becoming dangerous, but that didn't scare Ari.

She turned to me with a deep frown. "Who do you think I am, Princess? Of course he didn't hurt me, just got soaked with water." That calmed me a little.

Watching Ari take off her drenched shirt, revealing her black sports bar, she began furiously ranting to me about the new kid. But her words went in one ear and out the other.

My eyes too busy checking that warrior out, didn't even notice when she changed out of her pants to dry ones and began drying her curly hair with a towel. All my anger just disappeared into thin air.

"Lila, are you even listening to me?" I nodded my head, not looking away from her abs. "Mhm." Leaning forward, a hand grabbed my chin and forced me to look up into Ari's brown eyes. A smirk on her lips. "My eyes are up here, princess."