Captured the flag

When Luke Castellan began walking away, I closed my eyes. Rushing through shadows until I was back with Ari. Being in her shadow as she was with two of her siblings at her side.

They walked down a path that lead to a small lake. Away from the others. Confusing me slightly since this wasn't her normal game plan, but being in her shadow not protecting the flag wasn't mine either so.

Feeling Ari stopped and took a seat on a log in the shade, her two siblings standing behind her on either side. I rose from the shadows, appealing from behind her and startling her siblings who stared at me with shock. Ari didn't even look back.

"What are you doing, Ari?" My head tilted to the side. staring down at the warrior. Not moving an inch. "You'll see, Princess." I hummed, feeling slight confused but didn't say anything else about it.

My wings fluttered a little, causing a few feathers to unattached and slowly fall to the ground.

Hearing a loud whistle, we all lifted our head to see Spoon flying over to us. The owlet soared down and landed on Ari's shoulder, ignoring me as he rubbed his head against her, cooing.
Ari reached up and gently started to pet him.

"Did you find him?" Spoon let out a small hoot, nodding his head while still rubbing himself against the warrior. "Good boy."

Pausing on her petting for the small owlet, Ari sticked out her hand to the side at one of her siblings.

He took out a small fish from his pouch and took a step to hand it to Ari. She took it with a smile and gave it to Spoon, who happily perked up at seeing the treat and quickly snatched it from her. Gobbling it down as Ari went back to petting him.

Staring at the two for a moment, I melted back into Ari's shadow.

Then, the sound of the conch being blown filled the air. Ari stood from the log and looked to her two siblings at her side. "Let's go get have some revenge." Hmm?

The two siblings smirked, following Ari as Spoon leaped off her shoulder and took flight, leading us to a random direction.

The three of them walked as Spoon guided them through the forest into blue's side territory. Trying to figure out what Ari was planning, I stopped after a while. Deciding to just do whatever she was going to do.

Soon, we walked up a hill and found the new kid laying on a log. No one else in sight.

Spoon hooted, catching the boy's attention as he look at the owlet before his eyes widened for some reason. Watching as the small bird rested himself on a branch to watch the scene below.

Shooting up from the log, he turned his head to see Ari and her siblings walking up to him. "Flag's that way. It's not here."

Ari smiled, fixing her grip on her spear. "We know." New kid looked at her confused. "Yeah, glory's fine. Revenge is more fun." Slamming the bottom of her spear against the ground, it cracked and the blade of it began to glow.

Gulping, the new kid quickly grabbed his shield and sword. Getting up to his feet as Ari and her siblings surrounded him. "No maiming. It's like the one rule."

"Yeah, guess I'll lose dessert privileges for a while." She shrugged. "I'll live."

Without hesitation, Ari swung her spare at the new kid in which he dodged but Ari isn't one to give up so easily and she continued to swing.