OO1 .

I hummed to myself quietly, watering the gardens of my estate

I hummed to myself quietly, watering the gardens of my estate. The flowers bloomed and reflected the light of the sun as they danced elegantly in response.

I didn't know when I started to force myself to live in this cruel world when life could've been as peaceful with this moment alone.

I breathed heavily, smelling the good scenting flowers and smiled as I let out a chuckle. "The flowers seem happier today."

The moment soon came to an end when a shadow of a bird turned visible from my view,

"Caw! A new assigned mission by Oyakata-sama is held! Further explanations will be said in headquarters! Caw!"

"Good morning to you too, Chiyomari," I waved at my crow and sent a smile as it happily landed on my wrist, "I'll be sure to be on my way."

The bird flapped its wings; nodding before it flew to take its leave.

I walked towards the bench, putting on my haori and sheathed my sword before I placed it on the belt on my hip and making my way to the headquarters.

I knocked lightly on a nearby wall before I walked in, "Oyakata-sama, you wanted to see me?"

"ah, please take a seat," Ubuyashiki smiled at me warmly with his eyes closed, "News have been told by other comrades that demons have been found roaming free in a city."

"And I've put you up on the mission to make sure every corner is safe in the place of Yokohama. Are you up to that, L/N?"

My eyes fluttered, 'A whole city? Alone?'

"I.. Oyakata-sama, are you sure this mission alone is suitable for me?" I asked with slight doubt about myself. I kneeled down as I looked at the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, 'Because I for sure know guarding and protecting a whole city isn't.'

"You and I know what you're capable of. Which is why I chose you to take on this mission. You're stronger than you think you are, L/N."

I felt heavy weight suddenly make its way on my shoulders. I sighed heavily to stay calm and put on a determined smile to show no disrespect to Ubuyashiki's orders.

"Thank you for trusting me to take on such an important mission, Oyakata-sama. I'll do my very best to not let you down."

Ubuyashiki smiled at me once more, looking at me with full trust. "I suggest you ready yourself before you leave."

"Understood."

"Meeting dismissed,"

I stood up and bowed before I left quietly out of the room. Leaving the headquarters, an unexpected guest awaits me outside.