OO2 .

"you're too ridiculous! who thinks, "thats a nice river!" and jumps into it i the middle of the job?!" Kunikida scolded, "thanks to you, we're really off schedule now!"

"you sure like schedules, kunikida-kun." Dazai rests his chin on the palm of his hand.

Kunikida rose up and slammed his notebook on the table, 'This is not a schedule. It's an ideal!"

I chuckled nervously then took a glance at Atsushi who kept stuffing food in his mouth, "Enjoying the food, Atsushi-kun?"

His cheeks puffed and nodded at me with a smile.

"Nowhere in this book does it say my business partner is a suicidal maniac!"

"mlemelefugulemgulem!"

"huwah, atsushi, you're so cute!"

Kunikida clicked his tongue, "Shut up!" he shouted before sitting back down.

"Nowhere in my projected expenses does it say I should buy a bunch of food for these brats!"

"I'm so full!" Atsushi said happily with satisfaction in his eyes, "I'm fine if I never eat another bowl in 10 years!"

"Why you..!" Kunikida glared with his furrowed eyebrows, "How dare you two be so shameless after I picked up the entire tab!"

"We're really sorry for the trouble. I'll be sure to pay you back, Kunikida-san." I sent a warm smile at him.

Atsushi touched his bloated stomach before he spoke, "You really saved me.."

"Ever since I left the orphanage and came to Yokohama, I hadn't had anything to eat or anywhere to sleep."

"I thought I'd die of starvation." Atsushi trailed off with a close-eyed smile.

'Aw.. Atsushi-kun..'  I frowned, "You're from an orphanage?"

"That's some non-profit, 'no?" Dazai said.

"Oi, Dazai," Kunikida interrupted, "we're not some do-gooders going around helping brats in need, okay?"

"Let's get back to our work." He said, raising his handbook up.

"You mentioned that your work involves the military, correct?" I asked, "What exactly do you do?"

"We're private investigators." Dazai simply answered.

"Private investigators..?" Atsushi mumbled and tried to process.

"We don't just handle extramarital affairs and lost pets. The Armed Detective Agency deals with people with magic powers." Kunikida stated, "Maybe you've heard of us?"

'People with magic powers? Sounds more like a fantasy written for me.. But.. Could I finally find the answer for what's been happening to me over the past few years?' I shook out of my thoughts.