はち

Their Day

It's Saturday.

'Their day.'

The only day of the week that they both have off.

No work, no class, no dance practice.

Saturdays are usually spent sleeping in, making something ridiculously extravagant for breakfast or eating out, going somewhere exciting or just staying in bed and binge-watching dramas.

Hongjoong startles awake.

It's just past eleven, warm sunlight coming in through the blinds.

When had he fallen asleep last night?

Where was Seonghwa?

Beside him.

Seonghwa was beside him.

Asleep, on his back.

He always moved in his sleep, they never woke up in the position they went to sleep in.

His fist is curled and frames his face, resting on the pillow next to his head, which is turned away from Hongjoong.

His sweatshirt's ridden up a little, the skin of his stomach showing under the scrunch of fabric.

His lips are parted, his hair in need of a comb, and one pink cheek is smushed cutely against the pillow.

He looks like a baby, or a kitten, or something else that's fucking adorable.

Hongjoong runs the back of his finger down the side of his face, warm to the touch, then leans in and presses his lips to Seonghwa's plush cheek.

"Wake up, baby." He's been asleep for about twelve hours now.

Oversleeping won't be good for him.

Hongjoong tucks into Seonghwa's side, rests his chin on his shoulder.

"C'mon, babe, it's Our Day." He kisses Seonghwa's shoulder.

Pokes his nose.

Slowly, Seonghwa's head turns towards him, faces centimeters apart.

His eyes ease open.

He blinks, sated and sleepy, and turns to press himself against Hongjoong, soft and pliant.

"Morning, Joong," he mumbles into Hongjoong's collarbone.

"Morning, Seonghwa. What do you want to do today?" Hongjoong pushes his fingers through Seonghwa's hair, only managing to make it poof up even more.

"Sleep," he mumbles, after a moment of thought.

Hongjoong snorts.

"What? No crazy adventures? No amusement park?" He teases.

"It's cold outside, Joong," Seonghwa yawns, accidentally kicking Hongjoong's shin when he tries to tangle their legs together.

"Hmm... okay, what about... binge-watching Park Bo Young dramas?" He smooths Seonghwa's left eyebrow down, the hairs sticking up all funny from rubbing against the pillowcase.

"Ngh." It's not a particularly excited moan.

"I thought you liked Park Bo Young, because she's really short and it makes you feel better abou-"

"Four centimeters, Hongjoong! I am four centimeters taller than you!" Seonghwa finally sounds awake.