Chapter 24. Finding Amelia.

(This chapter will have three POV'S. We will be starting off with Phoebe Phillips, then going into the point of view of Anthony Bridgerton's and then lastly Benedict Bridgerton's POV. I will try to keep this chapter a bit more shorter but can't make any promises. ENJOY!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Phoebe's POV!)

Something didn't feel right, it felt like something very bad had happened but Phoebe had no idea what, she knew that it had something to do with her brother and sister though. Amelia Phillips hadn't been seen since she ran out of the house this morning after discovering the truth about her real mother. Adam hadn't been seen since he left in the early evening, he said he would look for Amelia, send her home and then go to the bar. The both of them hadn't been seen since, nobody had heard anything from them, Mr Phillips had sent one of the butlers to go to the bar and look for Adam, it wasn't long before the butler came back to the Phillips house and said that Adam Phillips wasn't there. That happened a few hours ago and the both of them still wasn't home even thought it was now one o'clock in the morning. Phoebe was sitting in the living room in front of the fire, her father Mr Phillips was pacing backwards and forwards, his pocket watch laying in his hand like he was afraid to take his eyes off the time. Phoebe could see her father's shadows moving across the wall, the both of them were worried and nervous, she wondered if her father had that same feeling, that something was wrong, she wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Mr Phillips let out a sigh as he placed the pocket watch back inside of his waist coat pocket, he sat down beside Phoebe and placed his head in his hands, soflty he mumbled out. ''They should be home by now... Especially Amelia, this is all my fault I should have told her the truth from the start, then maybe she wouldn't have run out of the house this morning.'' He shook his head, Phoebe felt bad to see her father blaming himself, he thought he was doing what was best for Amelia and the rest of the family.

''Maybe Amelia is over at the Bridgerton house with Benedict? I can go over there and check if you want? It will help us to relax our minds.'' Phoebe suggested, she hoped that Amelia would be with Benedict, why wouldn't she be? She always went to him when she needed an escape from things, especially from Mrs Phillips.

''Maybe you're right, I know it's late but please could you go over there and see if she is, if she isn't then maybe those Bridgerton boys will help us look for her. Phoebe, please make sure you cover up it's absolutely pouring it down out there and be careful. I want you straight there and straight back.'' Mr Phillips said the last few words a bit sternly but Phoebe didn't blame him, he was a father worrying about his children.

Phoebe didn't say anything else she just nodded her head and did as she was told, she made sure to grab one of her coats which was by the front door. She wrapped up her body and tried her best to cover up her hair so that it wouldn't get wet and replaced her slippers for some proper shoes. She walked out of the Phillips house and into the pouring rain, where she would run across the road and over to the Bridgerton house, praying that her sister was there and if she wasn't then she prayed that they would help the Phillips family at this late hour. She began to hysterically bang on the door, she waited patiently until she saw a light flicker on in the entrance way of the house, slowly the door opened revealing the face of Anthony Bridgerton. 

(Anthony Bridgerton's POV!)

Anthony Bridgerton was inside of his office when he had heard the knock on the door, it hadn't been that long ago since he had come home from the bar, so who could possibly be knocking on the door at this time? He looked at the clock to see that it was one o'clock in the morning and it was still pouring it down with rain outside. He let out a soft sigh as he placed his pen down onto the table and got up from his chair, everyone was still asleep so he hoped that he could send whoever it was that was knocking away quielty. He walked out of his office and into the entrance way where he turned on the light, cautiously he walked over to the front door and slowly opened it. His eyes opened up widely when he saw Phoebe Phillips standing there, her coat soaking wet and she looked like she was cold. He stood to the side and allowed her to come inside, he was confused as to why she was here espcially at this late hour when everyone was asleep.