Chapter 7 ~ the food run ~

"shiyaa you scared me" Anurak said when he saw Niran lurking behind him.

"sorry angel, I didn't mean to ... who was that, your friend? the one who's closer than a friend but not your boyfriend?" Niran asked.

"why are you asking when you already know?" Anurak said.

"I'm sorry, it's got nothing to do with me" Niran said.

"true, it isn't anything to do with you but yes, it was my friend"

"does he call you every day?" Niran asked.

"not always ... " Rak replied after thinking that it was an odd question.

"are you ready? let's go and eat and afterwards I'll take you to collect your car" Niran said.

"don't you need to go to work?" Anurak asked him.

"no, I can and often do a lot of my work from home"

"do you enjoy working from home more than going to an office?" Rak asked him.

"mmm, it works well for me and when I eventually settle down, I'll be able to spend more time with my loved one" Niran said.

"that's nice, are you engaged then? ... I'm sorry, don't answer that, it's got nothing to do with me" Anurak said.

"I don't mind discussing it, no I'm not engaged but if things pan out I hope to be very soon" Niran confirmed.

"oh ... right ... won't she mind that I'm staying in your apartment?" Rak asked.

"she?"

"your future fiancé" Rak said.

"oh, I'm not actually dating yet but I have someone I'm interested in" Niran replied.

"right well ..."

"what about you angel?"

"huh?"

"do you have anyone that you like?" Niran asked him.

"I don't have time for romance and even if I did, I mean ... look at me" Anurak shrugged

"why, what's wrong with you? you have a beautiful smile, pretty eyes, amazing skin, a cute little ..."

"ok I get the picture" Rak cut Niran off before he could embarrass him further.

"but to continue, does anyone have time for romance? you have to make time" Niran said.

"do you ... make time I mean?" Rak asked Niran.

"I'm working on it yes, I waited until I met someone who interested me enough to want to make that time for" Niran replied.

"then ... I hope it works out for you" Rak said as Niran drove them to a popular jok restaurant.

They both ordered jok with chicken and ate quietly until Anurak spoke,

"why don't you learn to cook?"

Niran shrugged between mouthfuls of the flavourful rice soup.

"it's pretty easy, would you like me to teach you while I'm staying in your home?" Anurak offered then wished he could take it back, he kept forgetting that they weren't exactly friends.

"why not, it sounds like fun" Niran smiled.

Anurak shook his head, he didn't understand this guy at all but then he didn't need to, he just needed to find somewhere else to live and get the hell out of Dodge.

After they were done eating, they shared a pot of green tea.

"so what's next?" Anurak asked.

"you remember the guy I was telling you about? he's meeting us here in about ten minutes, I called him before I went in the shower this morning"