↻ s e v e n

[ 1 YEAR LATER ]

You stood in the rain although the drops never touched you because that's what you had become, untouchable. Your bodyguard standing next to you, drenched in the rain while holding a black umbrella over your head. Here you where standing in you black silk maxi gathered cami dress surrounded by men in black.

You didn't need to turn around to know that the core seven were standing behind you, accompanied by each of their own guards holding umbrella over their heads. What are you supposed to do in this situation? Crying is the correct answer but you couldn't bring yourself to do so. The tombstone is covered in rain droplets.

Here you are widowed at the age of 21, attending your now late husband's funeral. About 8 months ago you married the 78 year old Lee Dongguk, one of the richest capos in the underworld and one of Bangtan Syndicate's trusted allies. Now that he is dead, you are to reign over his territory that spreads across 24 provinces in Korea.

"Accept my deepest condolences." you turn to look at the source of the voice. "Don't make a joke of yourself Niki, every standing person here knows you would kill me in a single breath if you could." your words made his expressions twist in anger. "But you won't do that because you know better." he didn't say a word because he indeed knew better.

A few months after you joined the organization, you made your first public appearance in the underworld with the core seven as they announced you to be the heir of Bangtan Syndicate. Since then you have been attacked a total of 37 times in the span of 4 months but here you are standing without a scratch on your body.

That is how much power you held and you couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment now that the power was about to be doubled thanks to the dead husband of course. But his brat of a son had to show up and ruin the mood, Nishimura Riki who went by the alias Niki was Lee Dongguk's second lover's son.

Niki's mother being part of the Yakuza and him being born out of a wedlock, there was no way the Korean underworld would accept him as a heir instead of you but Niki had a tough time believing it. He believed that if you were dead, he would become the heir to his father's empire.

A coat slipped over your shoulder as Jimin came up to stand beside you. "Go away kid." he motioned Niki to leave. "Your step son is quite a handful." Jimin comments watching the subject of the conversation walk away. "He is not my step son, just a kid going through puberty." you followed his gaze and saw Niki get in his car.

"Are you sad your husband is dead?" Jimin asks nonchalantly. "I feel grateful to Jin for suggesting the marriage at the perfect time." you say with out a hint of sadness in your voice. Jimin chuckles, "Can you pretend to be sad? The guests are watching." he says looking around.

"Like I care, every one knows the marriage was a piece of paper." you look at him, he is smiles, his gaze tracing your face as if you are the most beautiful thing he has ever seen but you see the truth, behind the loving gaze is deceit. "Are you sad my husband is dead?" you ask him.

"I couldn't be happier." he reached out for you hand and pulls your wedding ring out of your finger and slips it in his pocket. He leans in and whispers against you ear, "Welcome back." you smile to yourself and turn around to look at the rest of them. Time to go back home.

︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿

You came back to your now late husband's mansion to find the home staff packing up your belongings, "Have you seen Niki?" you ask one of the staff, "He is probably in his room ma'am." you nod and move upstairs to find the door of his room open, you knock on the door nevertheless to grab his attention.

"I am here to say my parting words Niki, we are family after all." you say with a bittersweet smile, he is seated on his bed, multiple photo albums spread in front of him. "I am going to send you abroad." you though it was high time you let him know your plans for him.

"Why can't I just stay here!" teenagers are the worst kind, "Because I am going to sell this place." you sigh, "Also don't give me shit about going back to Japan because the Yakuzas will never accept you and I already have too much on my hands to risk starting a mob war." you turn to leave, "Pack up kid, go out there and live your best life. I am doing you a favor and you know that."

You come downstairs to find Jungkook looking over the moving process. "What are you doing here?" he turns around, his eyes gleam up as he sees you approaching. "I bought some more men to speed up the process, it seems to be taking forever." you nod in acknowledgement. "Are you that eager to have me back?" you say laughing as you pick up the coffee he bought.

"Maybe." he flashes a bunny smile, "Did the talk go well?" he asks, referring to Niki. "I hope so." you let out a deep sigh, "It's been a long day." you admit. Jungkook wraps an arm around your shoulder and pulls you to his side, you let your body slump against him, "Did you find out what led to the crossfire that killed him?" you ask the young capo. "Still on it." he replies.

Your phone rings as you groan, pulling yourself out of his arm and reach for your purse. "Who is it?" Jungkook asks, prying as always. "My lover." you tease with a playful smile. "Not funny." he frowns, "It's Hobi." you say the truth this time and the younger looks away nodding. "Hey, yeah he is here." you say to the person on the other side of the call.

"A welcome party? No it's alright, I am in mourning." as soon as you say those words Jungkook looks at you like it's the most ridiculous thing ever, to which you shrug smiling. "Yeah I'll be back tomorrow." you say followed by goodbyes before you cut the call. "Are you not coming today?" Jungkook asks as you slip your phone back in your purse.

"No, I am going to spend the night here, need to finish my painting." you had your submission day after tomorrow, art school was more fun then you had imagined. You get to have a double life, go out and have fun with your college mates while doing something you love. Obviously your college friends where unaware of the life you led, to them you were just another student.

"You need to go back, I'll be fine." you usher him to leave. "You can finish your painting back home." he argues, "This is my home too." you reply, "Bullshit." he says before walking out the door. You understood why he was mad, it was because you lied. This place is just a house, your home is where they are and it had always been that way.

-------------------------

I know it's a lot to take in, lot of changes in situations and relationships, I understand if it feels overwhelming but trust me you didn't miss anything even if you think you did. Just have patience and let the story flow.

Also 500 views! I am grateful for the support. It took a lot for me to sit down and commit to a book after 'The Bangtan High', there were a lot of times when I felt that I had just one book in me and I had already written it but here I am trying to prove myself wrong.

-jennieverse :]