the future

Taylor's life had never been better. Surrounded by her family's love and forgiveness, she felt a sense of wholeness she hadn't experienced in years. Her father had embraced her return with open arms, and their bond was growing stronger each day. Even her brother, Austin, had come to understand and accept her relationship with Travis.

And then there was Travis. He was more than just a boyfriend; he was her confidant, her support, her love. He had shown her what it meant to be truly cared for, and his patience and understanding had helped heal the deep wounds of her past. Every day with him was a reminder of how far she had come and how much she had gained.

One sunny afternoon, Taylor was at home, enjoying a rare moment of quiet. She was reading a book in the living room when her phone buzzed with a message from Travis.

"Meet me in the garden. I have a surprise for you."

Her curiosity piqued, Taylor set the book aside and headed outside. As she walked through the back door, she noticed a trail of rose petals leading to the large, ancient tree where they had shared so many moments together. Her heart fluttered with anticipation.

As she followed the petals, she saw Travis standing under the tree, a warm smile on his face. The tree was adorned with fairy lights, casting a magical glow in the fading light of the afternoon. A picnic blanket was spread out beneath it, surrounded by candles and a basket filled with her favorite foods.

"Travis, this is beautiful," she said, her voice filled with awe.

He walked over to her, taking her hands in his. "I wanted to do something special for you, Taylor. You've been through so much, and I want you to know how much I love you. How much you mean to me."

Her eyes filled with tears, touched by his thoughtfulness. "Thank you, Travis. This is perfect."

They sat down on the blanket, enjoying the delicious food and each other's company. They talked, laughed, and shared stories, the connection between them growing deeper with every word. As the evening turned to night, the fairy lights twinkled like stars above them.

After dinner, Travis stood up and extended his hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

Taylor smiled, placing her hand in his. "Of course."

He pulled her close, and they swayed to the soft music playing from a small speaker. The world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them, lost in each other's embrace. As they danced, Travis leaned in and whispered in her ear, "I love you, Taylor. More than anything in this world."

"I love you too, Travis," she replied, her heart full.

As the first light of dawn began to paint the sky with hues of gold and pink, Taylor and Travis decided it was time to head back to the house. Hand in hand, they made their way back, feeling a shared sense of peace and happiness.

As they approached the house, they exchanged a knowing glance, a silent understanding passing between them. Without a word, they broke into a run, laughing and holding hands as they sprinted toward the front door.

Inside the house, Abi and Austin were sitting in the living room, their heads turning in unison at the sound of the door bursting open. They watched in surprise as Taylor and Travis dashed past them, heading straight for the stairs.

"What's going on with them?" Austin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Abi chuckled, shaking her head. "I think they're just really happy."

Travis and Taylor didn't stop, their laughter echoing through the house as they reached her room. Once inside, Travis shut the door behind them, locking it securely. He turned to her, his eyes blazing with desire and love.