Chapter 7: **The Hidden Connection**

The morning sun streamed through the windows of the classroom, casting a warm glow on the students as they settled into their seats. Muichiro's thoughts were far from the mundane routine of school. The looming threat of the Muzan Company weighed heavily on his mind.

After the first class, Muichiro found himself in the library, searching for a quiet place to think. He was soon joined by Senjuro, who seemed eager to share something important.

"Muichiro, I did some research last night," Senjuro began, his voice a hushed whisper. "I think I found a connection between the Muzan Company and Ume."

Muichiro's interest piqued. "What did you find?"

Senjuro pulled out a small notebook and opened it to a page filled with notes and sketches. "I found an old news article about Ume's family. It turns out her older brother, Douma, works for the Muzan Company."

Muichiro's eyes widened. "That explains a lot. Ume must be helping them from the inside."

Senjuro nodded. "We need to be careful. If Douma is involved, things are more dangerous than we thought."

---

At lunch, Muichiro shared Senjuro's discovery with the group under the cherry blossom tree. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Genya, Nezuko, Makomo, and Senjuro listened intently.

"This changes everything," Tanjiro said, his expression grim. "We can't trust Ume. We need to find out what she's planning."

Zenitsu, though nervous, nodded in agreement. "We should watch her closely. Maybe we can find a way to expose her and her brother."

Inosuke, ever the warrior, clenched his fists. "Let's confront her and make her talk!"

Makomo placed a calming hand on Inosuke's shoulder. "We need to be smart about this. If we confront her directly, it might backfire."

Nezuko, her eyes filled with determination, spoke up. "We need a plan. Something that will force her hand without putting us in immediate danger."

Muichiro agreed. "We'll keep an eye on her and gather more information. In the meantime, we continue our training and stay vigilant."

---

After school, the group headed to the gymnasium for another intense training session. Rengoku was there, watching over them with his usual enthusiasm.

"Remember, teamwork is your greatest strength!" Rengoku encouraged, his voice booming through the gym. "Trust each other and push your limits!"

Muichiro led the group through various drills, focusing on agility, coordination, and strength. As they trained, he couldn't shake the feeling that they were running out of time.

During a break, Muichiro approached Rengoku. "Sensei, we discovered that Ume's brother, Douma, works for the Muzan Company. She's likely helping them."

Rengoku's eyes narrowed with concern. "That's troubling news. We must be cautious. If Douma is involved, the danger is greater than we anticipated."

Muichiro nodded. "We're planning to gather more information and find a way to expose her without putting ourselves at risk."

Rengoku placed a reassuring hand on Muichiro's shoulder. "You're doing the right thing. Stay vigilant and trust your instincts."

---

That evening, Muichiro and Nezuko walked home together, discussing their next steps.

"We need to find a way to monitor Ume without drawing attention," Nezuko said thoughtfully. "Maybe we can enlist the help of someone she doesn't suspect."

Muichiro considered this. "Senjuro might be the perfect choice. He's quiet and unassuming. Ume wouldn't see him as a threat."

Nezuko smiled. "Good idea. Let's talk to him tomorrow."

As they reached Nezuko's house, Muichiro felt a sense of determination. They were getting closer to uncovering the Muzan Company's plans, and he was more determined than ever to protect Nezuko and their friends.

"Goodnight, Nezuko," Muichiro said softly.

"Goodnight, Muichiro," Nezuko replied, her eyes filled with trust and warmth. "Stay safe."

---

The next day, Muichiro and Nezuko met with Senjuro before school. They explained their plan and asked for his help.

"Senjuro, we need you to keep an eye on Ume," Muichiro said. "She might be helping the Muzan Company, and we need to know what she's up to."

Senjuro's eyes widened with surprise, but he nodded resolutely. "I'll do my best. I'll watch her and report anything suspicious."

"Thank you, Senjuro," Nezuko said with a grateful smile. "We know we can count on you."

Throughout the day, Senjuro discreetly followed Ume, observing her interactions and movements. He noticed her meeting with various students and occasionally receiving phone calls that seemed to make her tense.

After school, Senjuro reported back to Muichiro and the group. "Ume's definitely hiding something. She met with a few people today and got some calls that made her look nervous."

Muichiro frowned, deep in thought. "We need to find out who she's talking to and what they're planning. If we can intercept one of those calls or meetings, we might get the information we need."

Zenitsu, though anxious, suggested, "Maybe we can use a recording device. Catch her saying something incriminating."

Inosuke grinned. "Or we could ambush her and make her spill the beans!"

Makomo shook her head. "We need to be careful. If we're too aggressive, she'll shut down, and we won't get anything useful."

Tanjiro nodded in agreement. "We'll use the recording device. It's safer and more discreet."

---

The next day, Muichiro managed to acquire a small recording device. He passed it to Senjuro, who carefully hid it in Ume's locker when no one was looking. The group waited anxiously, hoping their plan would yield results.

Later that afternoon, Senjuro retrieved the device and brought it to the gym, where the group eagerly gathered around to listen. They heard Ume talking on the phone, her voice low and urgent.

"I know, Douma. I'm trying my best, but they're suspicious. We need to act soon, or they'll figure everything out."

Muichiro's heart pounded as he heard Douma's voice on the other end. "Keep them distracted. We'll make our move soon. Don't fail me, Ume."

The recording ended, and the group exchanged tense glances.

"They're planning something," Muichiro said, his voice filled with determination. "We need to be ready."

Tanjiro's eyes burned with resolve. "We'll train harder and stay vigilant. We'll be ready for whatever they throw at us."

Zenitsu, though clearly terrified, managed a shaky nod. "We can't let them win."

Inosuke's grin was fierce. "Let them come. We'll crush them!"

Makomo placed a calming hand on Inosuke's shoulder. "We'll face this together. We can do this."

Nezuko's eyes were filled with determination as she looked at Muichiro. "We're in this together. We'll protect each other."

Muichiro nodded, his resolve stronger than ever. "We'll be ready. No matter what comes, we'll face it together."

As the group continued their training, Muichiro felt a renewed sense of purpose. The battle against the Muzan Company was far from over, but with Nezuko and his friends by his side, he knew they could overcome any obstacle. The fight for their safety and freedom had only just begun, and Muichiro was determined to see it through to the end.