Attack on Yobaiville

Our next stop on our journey is heading to Yobaivillie, which is actually a city not too far from the inn in Shroomvillie. It was not quite rural than the town but it was quite a big city that Rin had described to us. Me and my sisters were wondering what it looks like, Traditional? Modern? Well, I was sure that we will have to find out soon enough once we get there. I am sure glad that Anya was reunited with her pet. If she lost her, she would be so devastated and would lose her mind. She had packed us a few rations for us in case we go hungry. We already informed our mother that we're on our way to the city which will be close to our destination and I believe that this is gonna be a big town. You know, I never been to big cities before and we lived in the forest our whole lives, but this is our first time entering a real village.

"We should be exiting the cave soon and entering Yobaivillie," informed Rin. "It's a big city to get lost in."

"What do you suppose that Yobaivillie is known for?" Manako asked.

"Oh, it's pretty nice," the fairy chimed. "It is known for their amazing theaters, business, similar to real humans outside of Earth. It's built somewhere during the common era. I am sure that we'll arrive soon enough."

Once we exit the caves to the next area, we realize that everything is completely abandoned. Tomoka, Manako, Reika and I were expecting some people but there was nothing. It was dead silence, everything littered with small broken robots and empty streets. It's like they stopped what they were doing and vanished without a trace, like ghosts.

"If it is, then," Tomoka asked skeptically before looking around. "Where are all the people?"

The fairy hesitated, getting off of my shoulder and started flying. "I don't know. Yobaivillie is supposed to be cheery," Rin said. "But not like this."

"What kind of catastrophic thing happened to this city?" I wondered, scratching my head.

"I have no idea," said Tomoka. "Looks like a ghost town."

I shook my head, refusing to believe it. At the first village, it is filled with yokai citizens but here and now in the city, there are no yokai citizens here.

Suddenly, we heard someone calling for us, "Hey! Over here!"

We turned around, near an alley of an antique shop, and we saw a yokai poking her head out of the doorway. "Get inside before they come back."

They? Who are they? I wasn't sure if I could trust her, but somehow, she is actually a nice person. We began to enter inside and into a secret basement and down the steps to the stairs. The basement had a few old boxes and a single light bulb hanging from above the ceiling.

"I never thought someone like you would ever come down here," the yokai sighed. She was a blue frog yokai, wearing an accessory of trinkets and a strange mask. "I can't believe that there are others who had ben able to survive after those robots made a mess in the city.

"What robots?" Tomoka asked.

"And what do you mean, making a mess in the city?" Manako asked.

"The robtos," The frog croaked. "They have been wrecking havoc and started capturing people. I was the only one who made it out alive. I forgot. My name is Pipimi."

"Well, it's nice to meet you," I said, politely, bowing. "We're the Half Heart Hero Team, on our way to stop C.L.I."

"Can you tell us what happened?" Rin asked her. "Where are all the people?"

"Well, It all started a long time ago," Pipimi began, sitting on her chair as we began to listen to her story. "Yokbaivillie used to be lively, full of citizens, the lights were once on, and there was so much joy. Everything in the city was peaceful. That is until one day, robots started kidnapping people and attacked the city, making everyone vanish without a trace. Most of them had managed to hide in their apartments while a few were being taken away. I managed to hide my shop so I could be safe."