Celebration

Kingswood

"Father, it's been a while." Rhaegon said.

"My son...you're...you're here." Viserys was shocked. A few hours ago, he was told that his son was dead, and here Rhaegon stands before him.

"Where else would I be?" Rhaegon asked. "After all, it's my brothers second nameday. He looked at a heavily pregnant Alicent." Your grace. Rhaegon greeted, and Alicent blushed. He then looked at Rhaenyra. "Sister.: He greeted, and Rhaenyra fought every urge to kiss him right in front of everyone.

"You wear a crown." Viserys looked at his driftwood crown. "Do you also call yourself king?"

Rhaegon smirked. "After we smashed the Triarchy, they named me King of the Narrow Sea... but I know that there's one true king, your grace." Rhaegon got down one knee and removed his crown. "My crown, the Stepstones and Blackfyre are yours, your grace." The crown prince presented his crown and Blackfyre to the king. Viserys walked to his son and took the crown. He then gave it to Lord commander Harrold. Rhaegon looked at Otto and then looked at his father.

"Rise, my son." Viserys said, and Rhaegon did what he was told. Viserys then looked at his son and smiled. The king then hugged the crown prince. All in attendance applauded, and Otto was seething. All the attention was taken away from Aegon. "The realm owes you a great, my son." The king then looked at the crowd. "This calls for more celebration! My son, your future king has returned!" The crowd applauded, and Otto didn't look happy at all.

"What of Blackfyre, father?" Rhaegon asked.

"It should be wielded by a warrior. It's yours, my son." Viserys said with pride, and Rhaegon sheathed the sword.

Viserys was talking to his brother and son while Rhaenyra and Alicent were being questioned by noble ladies.

"Are you alright, father?" Rhaegon asked after seeing his father cough.

"I'm fine." Viserys said. "I was thinking of the time Slyrak grew to a flying size. You flew all the way to Dragonstone and back. The king laughed. I remember how your mother scolded you, and I warned you how easily tired Slyrak could get."

Rhaegon laughed. "Yes, I remember, but it wasn't my fault. I was always fascinated by dragons."

"Indeed." Daemon spoke up. "Although nothing made me happier when you finally got your own dragon." The rogue prince laughed. "Speaking of where is the Crimson beast?"

"I think he went back to the Dragonpit." Rhaegon said. "I think he missed Syrax."

"Ah. Of course." Viserys said, and he noticed how Cerelle Lannister, the daughter of Jason Lannister, was looking at his son. Viserys knew that now was the best time for Rhaegon to wed.

Rhaegon saw Daemon go into the woods to see Caraxes. "My prince." He heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Lady Cerelle?" Rhaegon inquired, not knowing if he was right.

"Yes, my prince. I was at your sisters 13th nameday celebration." Cerelle said.

"Ah, yes, I remember." Rhaegon said. "If I recall, you and my sister were born on the same day?"

"Yes, my prince." Cerelle said. "I remember how you won your first joust that day."

Rhaegon chuckled. "Yes, my mother was not happy." He said. "Are you looking for your father?" The crown prince asked.

"No. I was looking for you, my prince." Cerelle said.

"Oh?" Rhaegon inquired.

"I wanted to congratulate you on your victory. I heard how you defeated the Crabfeeder and saved the realm from invasion." Cerelle said.