Cute

CC's POV:

"Hey...." I said as I came out only to realize she had AirPods in and was deep in writing.

I didn't wanna disturb her train of thought so I sat back against the fire escape railing across from her and put in one of my AirPods and started to scroll on TikTok.

I wonder what she's writing about....

She writes a lot...

She's fast with her keys...

Her fingers are fast... It's like she's writing at the same speed as her train of thought. How is that possible? She moves so effortlessly, so fluently. The clicking started to combine into one noise with how fast she was moving... She was shifting her letters as she was writing...

This went on for around 6 videos on TikTok before I heard it stop.

I looked up as the silence drew my attention in, only to be met with Cairo's eyes.

"Hey... I didn't wanna disturb you, but I got you some coffee..." I told her as I passed the 20oz iced cold brew with unsweetened cold foam.

"Good morning, and thank you." She told me as she took the drink and took a sip with a soft smile. "Tastes delicious. Thanks" she said as she closed her laptop putting it off to the side. She took out her AirPod case as well putting them away. "How was your run?" She asked me softly as I myself put my AirPod away and sat aside my phone.

"Good, it's so different yet similar here than in L.A.... What are you writing about?" I asked back curiously

I know she writes darker subjects and like horror romance, but what is she writing now?

"Currently I just felt the need to write and reflect on my life, the book has no plot so far.... I am just free writing I guess in a way. Normally I know and have a very complex plan in my head but currently it is up in the air... What do you miss most about L.A.?" She as she played with her straw in the cup.

Cute.

What do I miss most? I miss a lot of things...

My family, the city, knowing people, knowing places, being on top of things, and not feeling lost in a city I live in...

"I miss being a local, and I miss my family.... Do you miss back home at all?" I asked her curiously as I didn't know much about her family or Tennessee where she grew up.

"I do not miss the town in the slightest... But I do miss the Sweet Estate, I grew up in that house. So, I guess I just miss my childhood home. I haven't seen you talk with your family at all... Is everything alright between all of you?" She asked me softly finally looking up from her drink to meet my eyes

Her gaze is something I easily find myself getting trapped in...

Her eyes are gorgeous....

She really is the most beautiful girl I've seen

"I actually talked with my mom for the first time since I got here today... it was actually really nice. My mom and I have a complicated relationship but I would for sure say I am closer to her than my dad. The same with my brother, he's closest to my dad. I guess I avoided talking with her as I knew I would only miss her more and amplify my emotions that were already there. Maybe you could go back and visit during break, any family there or did they leave once you left for college?" I asked her curiously, she never seemed to talk about her family.

"My family and I are not really 'family', we are more like blood relatives. I saw my parents max 3 times a year after the age of 6, once I was in high school they all together stopped coming back. It's fine though, I never needed them. I'm glad it went well, I assume you'll go back there for fall break?" She asked me curiously and confidently, she never faltered when talking about her family, she truly seemed unfazed by the topic like she was used to explaining it.