All are animal here!

25 May

Today was the last paper of second year exam. The paper ended at 10 o'clock. Everyone was meeting each other. There was hustle and bustle in the college. It was a great scene. Aneesa was lost in her thoughts, sat on the steps. Everyone else was thinking that what they'll do in the future. But she was worried about her results. 

"I don't know what will dad do if my result isn't good. They won't admit me to a good university, nor will they let me do what I want. Ahhhhhhh!" 

Lost in these thoughts, she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was her friend, or rather, her forcefully-made friend, Sania Noor, whom she was tolerating for the two years. Sania was sister of Mam Zoha, who taught Biology to Aneesa. She oftenly disgraced students during lecture. Also she was not liked by most of students. Sania saw her sitting alone and went to join her. She sat down next to Aneesa. 

"How did the paper go?" She asked Aneesa. 

"Alhamdulillah."

"What does that mean?" Sania asked on surprising way. 

"They have become better." Looking at the ground, Aneesa was giving answer. 

But Sania was looking onto her face. Both of them had covered their faces. All the girls here would go out wearing a veil. In Mianwali, women cover themselves from men, except for their father, brothers and husband. 

"Really? But you used to say that Physics is difficult." Sania was surprised. 

"Yes...so? Does that mean that my paper can't be good?" 

Sania ignored what she said with a smile. 

"You won't ask me how my paper went?"

"Tell me." Aneesa said thoughtfully. 

Sania, with a smile, started narrating everything from giving paper since yesterday to leaving the examination hall. And Aneesa was sitting there with impatience. 

She didn't want to listen to Sania, and perhaps she was not even hearing. Her eyes were wandering around looking at girls and boys nearby. In the crowd, her eyes were probably searching for someone. Suddenly, she stood up. Placing the bag on her shoulder, she started to straighten the strap. Sania stopped talking. 

"What happened? Why did you stand up?"

"I need to meet someone."

"Who?" Sania asked curiously. 

"It's very important. Maybe I won't see her after today."

"More important than what I'm saying"? Sania asked.

Regret was visible in Aneesa's eyes. Sania was getting angry. 

"My words are not finished yet, and you..."

Before she could finish speaking, Aneesa gave her a glance and walked away from there. Sania was angry, but Aneesa had left without paying her any attention. 

Somewhere in the distant crowd, Aneesa had recognized Madiha Ali. Now she was calling her out. 

"Madiha...Madiha Ali..."

Madiha had recognized the voice; she turned, and even from under the veil, it was not difficult to recognizing Aneesa. She walked toward her. Madiha Ali was sixth semester student. 

"How did the exam go?" She asked as they embraced. 

"They went well."

"What are your plans for future?"

"Right now, I haven't thought much. I'll consult my sisters too, let's see what they suggest. "

"How are your sisters?"