Bound

"Who was it? Did you bring water for someone?" As she entered the house, her mother, Naheed Akhtar, asked. 

"Someone was thirsty. Asking for water." 

"Who was with you?"

"Mom!...it was...brother was probably busy...so he asked Shahzaib to drop me home...I was with him...in the car...his friends were also with him...three guys...

"Okay...and how was the paper?"

"Good, Alhamdulillah. " She was now taking off her gown. 

"And now? Which subject's exam is tomorrow?" 

"Mom! (She acted all annoyed) I had told you that today is the last paper and holidays start from now on. " As soon as she said that, she went to her room. 

"Don't disturb me...now I'll go to sleep. "

She locked the room from inside. Now when she woke up after sleeping, it was time for the Asr Prayer. She rubbed her eyes looking around. It was around 5 o'clock.

"I didn't even realize, it's been a quite while...I overslept a bit too much."

She stared at the ceiling for a while, then got up, performed ablution, and started the prayer. The prayer wasn't finished yet when there was a knock on the door. 

"Aneesa, my dear...wake up...your dad is calling you outside." 

Aneesa , hurriedly finished her prayer and opened the door. Naheed Akhtar was standing right at the door. 

"My dear mother! if Zakaria Khan allows, can I offer a prostration before Allah. " 

"Speak respectfully...he is your father. "

"Okay...you may go...I need to discuss a couple of personal matters with Allah, then I'll come." With that she smiled. This time she left the door open and went to offer prayer. 

Now she had come downstairs. 

"Mom! Please serve tea. Haven't seen Sahira bhabi and Uzair? Are they out somewhere?"

"Yes, Shehroz took them to their maternal home."

"How was the paper?" Zakaria Khan asked his daughter as he emerged from his room."

"Dad?...You?...My papers went good. "

"I was expecting only good from you. And your result will further enhance that expectation. "

"No...Dad! ...it won't be like that, InshaAllah." She reassured her father. 

"Your result will reveal that. And Naheed (now addressing Naheed Akhtar) let her make her own tea...now that she is free, she should learn household chores...it's been enough. When she goes back to hostel tomorrow, will she take you with her for everything?" 

"Okay." Naheed replied with just okay. Zakaria Khan had already left. Now, Naheed Akhtar and Aneesa were standing there alone. Seeing Aneesa's downcast face, Naheed had pretty good idea that her father's words had been quite unrefined. 

"I'll make tea and bring it, dear. You just sit."

"No...there is no need for it. I've already had it." As soon as she said that, she went to the room and closed the door.

Even if Naheed Akhtar had done it, what could she have done? On one side, the husband, and on the other side, two sons and four daughters. Their two daughters and one elder son were married. The eldest son, Shehroz, had completed his master's degree in the IT field and was also looking after the father's business. Meanwhile, the elder daughter, Mahenoor, was a lecturer in Lahore, and her husband, Kabeer Khan, was a pilot officer. Kashmala was associated with the legal profession, her husband, Ayan Ali, was a senior army officer. Often, Kashmala had heated arguments with Zakaria Khan, as she had chosen the legal profession against her father's wishes. After marrying Ayan Ali, their family settled in Murree, as Kashmala was often disturbed due to her father. Zakaria Khan's younger son, Junaid Khan, had joined the army. Samaira was completing her MBBS degree in Islamabad. According to her father, Samaira has proven to be a good and loyal daughter. Zakaria Khan wanted his daughter to become a general physician, but his daughter, by lying convincingly, was planning to become a gynecologist. All siblings had opposed their father at some point in life to achieve their positions. Now, it was Aneesa's turn.