CHAPTER 6 - Picnic Date with Max!

One sunny Saturday morning, Liam had to head to work unexpectedly, leaving Max disappointed that their plans for a family outing had to be postponed. However, Noah, ever eager to brighten Max's Day, proposed a spontaneous picnic in the park.

With a basket filled with sandwiches, snacks, and Max's favourite juice boxes in hand, Noah and Max set off for the park. Max skipped alongside Noah; his excitement palpable as they made their way through the bustling city streets.

When they arrived at the park, Noah spread out a cosy blanket under the shade of a towering oak tree. Max eagerly helped set up their picnic spot, arranging the food and drinks with all the enthusiasm of a seasoned picnic pro.

As they sat down to enjoy their meal, Noah regaled Max with stories of his childhood adventures and shared his favourite jokes, eliciting giggles and laughter from Max. They talked about superheroes, dinosaurs, and everything in between, their conversation flowing effortlessly as they bonded over their shared love of adventure and imagination.

After they finished eating, Noah suggested they play a game of catch. Max's eyes lit up with excitement, and soon they were tossing a ball back and forth, their laughter echoing through the park.

As the afternoon wore on, Max's initial disappointment about missing out on their family outing faded away, replaced by the joy of spending quality time with Noah. With each passing moment, Max grew more comfortable in Noah's company, his trust and affection for him blossoming with each shared laugh and smile.

As they packed up their picnic and headed home, Max couldn't help but feel grateful for the unexpected adventure that had brought him closer to Noah. With his heart full of happiness and his Slimbach full of sandwiches, Max knew that he had found not just a friend in Noah, but a kindred spirit who would always be there to brighten his days, even when his dad couldn't be.