Why Did You Leave

It was 2021, a cold morning in the month August. Suprised? It rained heavily last night so the morning was cloudy and foggy.

Virat's PoV

"Just like my mind" sighed virat. I  didn't realize when it was morning. Ahh! Another day, chal beta virat tayar ho ja firse jhoothi hasi hasne ke liye. I went to get ready and right now combing my hair.

MS : Kitna time lagta hai tujhe?

Virat :Offo bhai, bas 2 mins yeh hair set ho jaye.

Ms: Tu aise bhi sahi lag raha hai. Chal na.

Virat :Nope bhai. It's not upto the mark. Aap ko toh pata hai na aapke cheeks ko apna hair set aur opposition ko upset kiye bina chain nahi milta.

Ms(rolling his eyes) :Nautanki.

Virat : Bhai!!!

And suddenly I realized that bhai is not here, he is probably at home or in Dubai. I don't even know. Not like he doesn't talk to me it's just I don't talk much to him. If I talk to him even for five minutes I'll end up breaking in front of him. I don't want him to worry, since last 11 years he is taking care of me like a child, he is not just an elder brother he is more like a father figure to me. Maybe papa has sent him in my life to show me the correct path and help me to become a better person. I know 1 call and bhai will reach to me but I can't bother him.

He got ready and left for the breakfast. Everyone was already present there, all were busy, either on phone or iPad, some in book, few listening to music. Everyone was busy in their own world nobody noticed him till he sat.

Jad: Good Morning cheeku.

Vi: Morning jad.

Ro: Vi, yaar tune usko woh bol diya na.

Vi: Haan, maine physio ko inform kar diya hai to come along with us for the practice session.

Ro: Acha. Tu kha le phir chalte hai.

Vi: Mera ho gya chalte hai.

Jad: You ate so quickly?

Virat just nodded with a small smile. Everyone stood up and left for their rooms to bring their kit bags.

Virat sighed and looked at his filled plate. No one noticed that he actually took just one bite.

Vi(in his mind): Agar mahi bhai yeha hote toh mujhe bohot gussa karte thik se na khane ke liye. Phir pyaar se apne haaton se khilate. Aur jab tak unhe nahi lagta ki I've eaten enough tab tak jane nahi dete.

Can I help you with something sir, said the manager who noticed virat kohli standing there. He thought virat wants something. Well he does want his Mahi bhai but not possible.

Nothing answered virat lowly.

And they left for the training.

Kaha ja rhe ho vi? Asked rahul as he saw virat going past his usual seat.

Vi: Bas last mein baithne ka mann kar raha hai.

Kl nodded knowing that virat must be missing mahi bhai. Now virat often sits beside MS's seat. No one sits on that window seat as it's Mahi bhai's but they seat beside there whenever they missed their bhai.

Rohit too saw that and thought not to disturb him. So much was going. Virat announced that he is stepping down as a captain from t20, injuries were making it difficult to find the right team combination, t20 wc was knocking at the door, his ipl team performed poorly too. It was such a terrible situation, they were finding it difficult to keep everything together. It was almost obvious that he would get the captaincy and somewhere rohit found it awkward to have a conversation with virat. He didn't know how to talk or what to say so he chose to avoid. This was affecting not only their performances but the team environment too. The media was talking about it, everyone could see it that they are having tough time and even ravi bhai left had bhai been here he wouldn't let this happen. He took out his air pods and and tried to distract his mind.